Chapter 27

Kat POV

We were sat in the hotel room watching Meg and Skye. Meg was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling whilst throwing lyrics out and Skye was playing the guitar, her guitar. Meg paused "I get the feeling she's not listening."

"I am," Skye replied, "I'm thinking,"

"Ok, what about?" Meg asked turning over so she was on her front.

Andy had gone over to sit by Skye, Jack was on the bed with Meg and the rest of us were on the floor. Skye shrugged "Someone else is going to be in my old house...maybe a family. I wonder if they'll find the messages me and Quinn wrote around the house on the walls."

"You wrote on the walls?" I asked shocked.

Skye's lip quirked slightly and she changed the melody totally, Meg stared at her wide eyed "I've heard that before. Did Quinn sing?"

"No...we clashed so much because it was the only way then we knew how to help. But I already wrote Quinn's song, I wrote it the day she left for good...a few months after my 16th birthday." Skye closed her eyes and began singing.

"Writing our secrets

On the walls of

This old house

Can you keep a secret?

Pen on wallpaper

My thoughts pour out

Of me and no matter how hard

I try

I can't keep them locked up

No more"

Her voice held so much power yet right now it was soft, tamed, and someone else came in. Liv smiled "Hi Quinn,"

Quinn nodded to Liv, I hissed "You contacted Quinn?"

"Who else would have?" Liv smiled.

Quinn went and sat with Skye, same age, same family but they held themselves differently. Quinn sung with Skye on the chorus, unlike Skye, Quinn was more of a harmoniser she could carry a tune but she wasn't amazing.

"We wrote our secrets

On the walls

Of our home

Knowing they were safe

That only you or I

Would ever think to look

There

My secrets safe with you"

Skye looked up at Quinn who smiled, and placed three bags down, listening as Skye continued. Her voice went from soft to cold but she conveyed the pain both in her voice and her eyes as she looked at Quinn who mirrored the pain in her own eyes.

"This house long ago

Lost the right to be

A home

We aren't a family

Not a happy one

Just a broken one

Mind your step when you walk in

I wouldn't want you to cut

Yourself on our broken pieces

Mind yourself there

We lost our voices in that