Back in town// He broke my trust.

I've never so badly wanted to hurt anyone in my life. Stephan and Asher. How dare they try and take my children? How the hell did my mom let them out of their sight? I mean unless they were in on it too.

"Mommy where are we going?" Theo yawned as I carried out suitcases behind us.

"To go stay with mommy's friend, do you remember Will?" I asked and he shook his head no. I shrugged it off as I buckled in their car seats. I'd managed to steal two of them from someone's car a few minutes ago. I strapped them in then began to drive past my warehouse all the way to Will's flat.

Flat? seriously? We're in America. I thought to myself as we pulled up to the apartment building.

I turned off the car and climbed out, I grabbed our bags before unbuckling the kids and motioning for them to follow me. They did as I said and we entered through the lobby doors. The doormen and desk secretary were fast asleep so I just walked passed them onto the elevator and pressed the top floor.

When we arrived, I'd banged on Will's door, trying to get him to wake up. He's a heavy sleeper.

"Noah?" He rubbed his eyes lazily, "What're you doing here?"

"Stephan brought the kids to Asher's house." I said and he stepped back, allowing us in. Instantly the kids went down the hall and I threw down our stuff.

"Stephan brought the kids to Asher? Does he know?" He asked me as he locked the door.

"Yes. And I'm really fucking pissed because my parents just let them leave with the twins like it was nothing. I haven't gone a night without them and now I remember why." I pulled my jacket off and hung it up.

"What are you going to do?" He led me down the hall towards where the kids ran.

"I don't know. The kids have known about Asher for a while, but what if Asher tries and fight for custody? W-what if he takes them away and what if they like it more with him-" Will cupped my face and made a 'shh' sound.

I scowled and he began to speak, "Relax. We don't know anything yet. Just calm down, okay? Look, they're right here, passed out."

I looked in the guest room and he was right, they'd found a bed and fallen back asleep.

"No one is going to take them from you."

"How do you know that?" My voice came out desperate. I haven't heard myself sound so...scared in a long time.

Will gave me a sad look, just like Jude he could read me better than anyone, "This really scared you, didn't it?"

I just nodded, refusing to tear my eyes away from my boys. God those two are literally my heart, my entire world, I'd do anything to protect them. Yet I failed tonight.

"Something could've happened to them, Will." The words left my mouth before I'd realized what I said.

"Asher wouldn't let that happen." Will defended him.

"You're right, but still. I'm the one they rely on for everything, food, clothes, protection. I left them with someone else for one night and then suddenly they're at their dads house, with my friend who's been there the whole time? What kind of bullshit is that?" I ranted a little.

"Are you going to forgive Stephan?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. He broke my trust. It'd be different if it was something else, anything else. But this is one thing I'm not sure I can forgive something like this."

"I don't blame you, I'm pissed for you."

I glanced at the clock, 2:43 am. "Alright, I'm gonna go crash. Thanks again." I sighed and he nodded.

"Of course."

I shut the door then slowly climbed into the bed, careful not to wake them up. A few minutes later, I'd completely drifted into a dark abyss.