Back in town// T, that wasn't me.

Back in town// T, that wasn't me.

Asher's POV: 

After a few hyper songs, the music slowed down and Carlos told us this was the songs they were originally supposed to sing, Noah cracked a grin as Christian began to sing and both Jude and Stephan froze. 

"What?" Carlos asked them and they shook their heads. 

Jude turned to me then whispered in my ear what they were talking about. "This is a song Christian wrote about them." He said indicating their past relationship. Why the fuck is she smiling like that then?

"It was the fourteenth of October. Had that t-shirt off your shoulder I was drunk, said I was sober. And you said yeah right. We were talkin' for a minute then some guy tried to cut in. You took my hand and we pretended. Like I was your guy. Oh, then I tried to guess your middle name. For thirty minutes bet we played that game." 

Noah began to sing along, "That mango-rita you were drinkin'. And that Coldplay song that you were singin'. And I bet right now you're probably thinkin'. That it's crazy I remember every detail, but I do. 

"From your blue jeans to your shoes. Girl, that night was just like you. Unforgettable." Christian hit a high note and she shook her head with a smile. 

"We were dancin', we were buzzin'. Takin' shots like it was nothin'. Did the runnin' man, you loved it. Yeah, you laughed out loud," She sang beautifully. 

"You brushed away your blonde hair and you kissed me out of nowhere I can still show you the spot where everything went down."

I tuned out the rest until she began to sing the next song. The vibe of this song was completely different. 

"Got a boy back home in Michigan and it tastes like Jack when I'm kissing him. So I told him that I never really liked his friends. Now he's gone and he's calling me a bitch again," Her voice seemed a bit darker, "There's a guy that lives in a garden state and he told me that we make it 'til we graduate. So I told him the music would be worth the wait. But he wants me in the kitchen with a dinner plate."

Christian began to sing with her, "I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe that we're meant to be. But jealousy, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy get the best of me. Look, I don't mean to frustrate, but I
always make the same mistakes, yeah I..Always make the same mistakes 'cause," 

He stopped and she began to sing the chorus, "I'm bad at love. But you can't blame me for tryin'. You know I'd be lyin' sayin' you were the one that could finally fix me. Lookin' at my history I'm bad at love." 

They took a break and everyone who'd tuned out the music before was suddenly paying attention again as Christian began to sing again.

"Got a girl with California eyes and I thought that she could really be the one this time. But I never got the chance to make her mine because she fell in love with little thin white lines," He looked at Noah longingly as he sang the next part and my jaw clenched, "London girl with an attitude, we never told no one but we look so cute. Both got way better things to do. But I always think about it when I'm riding through."

They sang the bridge and chorus twice more before Noah switched it to a softer song again. This time, Christian began to play on the guitar and she stood and sang quietly. At this point, no one was paying attention again. Except for the little group I came with.  

"I like being independent. Not so much of an investment. No one to tell me what to do. I like being by myself. Don't gotta entertain anybody else. No one to answer to..." She held out a long note and I cracked a smile but my smile soon faded, "But sometimes I just want somebody to hold, someone to give me their jacket when it's cold. Got that young love even when we're old. Yeah, sometimes I want someone to grab my hand. Pick me up, pull me close, be my man. I will love you 'til the end."

"God I fucking love her." Stephan mumbled and Carlos rolled his eyes. 

"So if you're out there I swear to be good to you. But I'm done lookin' for my future someone. 'Cause when the time is right you'll be here. But for now, dear No One. This is your love song." There was a pause before she continued, "I don't really like big crowds I tend to shut people out I like my space, yeah.." Her eyes somehow found mine and a small smile teased her lips which made me grin, "But I'd love to have a soul mate and God'll give him to me someday. And I know it'll be worth the wait oh." She closed her eyes as she hit the high notes. She sang the bridge and chorus twice more before stopping. 

"Okay y'all, last song and we'll stop bugging you." Christian said and everyone laughed. 

The music started again and they began singing 'I'll find you' by Lecrae. 

Noah and Christian went back stage and not even a minute later, they were by our sides as a man began to speak about donations. Noah and Christian had managed to raise over two hundred thousand dollars tonight. 

"Good job mama!" The boys tackled Noah in a hug before jumping at Christian. She talked to everyone and gave Carlos a hug before walking over to me and clapping her hands excitedly.

"How much did we get?" She asked and wrapped herself around me. I snaked an arm around her waist and pointed to the TV above the stage that showed the number. Her mouth gaped and she ran over to Christian and they both began to speak a mile a minute to one another. I shook my head then Jude walked over to me. 

"Hey."

"Hi." I replied. He eyed me suspiciously, "What?" 

"Are you and Noah together again?" He asked me and I nodded. "When did this happen." 

I shrugged in response and pulled out my phone that has been buzzing nonstop throughout the night. I knitted my eyebrows together to see that it was calls from Noah's parents and Jace. I glanced back at Noah to make sure she was okay before I walked out into the hall. 

I called Caden first, "Jesus Christ! We've been trying to get a hold of you all night!" He shrieked. 

"What the fuck is going on? Is everything okay? Is it Harvey?" I asked him and his breaths were rapid. 

"N-no...Asher, what happened to your brother?" 

My heart stopped, "Jace is with you."

"No...I mean your other one. Landon." 

"He died." I stated matter of factly. "Why?"

"He's not dead. He just came to see Jace, he was really shaken up. He's been working for Stephan. He's on his way to the ball, he's going to try and replace you, he's jealous. He's been locked up for years then finally got out and saw that you had a perfect life, a perfect family. He wants it, Asher. He'll do anything to take it." 

I dropped my phone and ran back into the room. When they all saw me they knitted their eyebrows together. 

"Where are Noah and the kids?" I asked them and they all looked confused.

"What do you mean? You four just left." Taylor said in confusion.

"T, that wasn't me." I said and her eyes widened in horror, as did Stephan's. 

"That's impossible. Landon's- He's locked up." He gulped and I shook my head no. "Fuck. We need to go. Now."