Back in town// You can't sit with us.

"She just wants a life for her baby. All on her own, no one will come. She's got to save him," I sang along to the radio as we drove down the busy streets. "She tells him 'ooh love' No one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you." I turned around at the stop like and poked each of their noses making them giggle, "She tells him 'your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life, you're gonna grow and have a good life
I'm gonna do what I've got to do'."

I love this song so much it's not even funny.

"Mommy you're silly." Theodore and I glanced up at him trough the mirror.

"I know you are but what am I?" I stuck my tongue out and Gabriel began giggling and teasing his brother. They began bickering and I snorted as we pulled up to the diner.

Once we were parked, I pulled out my wallet and phone from my bag before grabbing my keys and climbing out. I unbuckled the boys and helped them out before locking the door and running through the rain to get to the diner entrance. We've been in New York for two weeks now. I didn't want to leave, I miss the United States to much right now. Being here makes me miss the general aura of the place. I love London, don't get me wrong, but the United States is my home.

"Hello, dearies." The elderly woman who's name tag read 'Maddie' spoke hoarsely.

"Hello," I smiled and wrapped my arms around the twins in front of me. I scanned the building and it looked lifeless, as if it had been abandoned.

"Right this way." Maddie flashed a smile and led us to a booth in the window. "Can I start you off with anything to drink?"

"An unsweetened tea with lemon and two chocolate milks." I ordered and she nodded before writing it down and walking into the kitchen.

"Mommy can we meet our daddy?" Gabe asked, Theodore nodded wanting an answer too. I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

"Please mommy. You always talk about how nice he was and we were playing with him last night and he's super cool! Please mommy please." Theo begged.

"Just once before we go home?" Gabe asked as Maddie approached us. She gave us our drinks just as we heard the door cling open.

"Oh! How lovely! Are you boys hungry?" Maddie clapped her hands together.

"No thanks grandma." A deep voice said. Damien's voice.

"Actually can I have something to drink?" Blake asked.

"Of course! Anything for you Asher?"

My heart stopped for a moment then began to speed up at an alarming rate.

Maddies footsteps disappeared and I felt something hovering over me.

The boys looked excited but kept sipping their drinks in silence.

"Boys, save some for after lunch." I sighed and pulled their cups away. 

"Nah, you guys can have them." Asher slid the cups in front of them.

My jaw clenched, "No. They cannot. Otherwise they won't eat."

"Mommy?" Gabriel whispered loudly. I cracked a grin at his attempts to be quiet.

"Yes, Gabe?" I whispered back. He looked up at the guys warily then leaned over and whispered directly in my ear.

"Can they sit with us?"

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"You can't sit with us." Theodore said sassily while joking.

"Cool down, Regina." I rolled my eyes then hesitantly turned to them. "You guys can sit."

Asher didn't say anything and just scooted in besides me, slinging in arm across the backside of the booth. The guys each climbed in so that the boys were between them and instantly I watched as the boys began to talk to Blake and Damien about video games.

"Oh- you're over here now." Maddie chuckled and placed the guys' drinks down. "You all know each other?"

"Something like that." My voice was so cold it could send shivers throughout someone.

"Your food will be right out, hun." She smiled and I nodded. She left into the kitchen and we all sat there. While everyone chatted, I sat completely silent. Even Asher spoke once or twice to the boys.

Maddie came back out with their chicken tenders and they began to dig in while I fiddled with my French fries. I wasn't very hungry. I haven't been for the last few days, I've been living off of coffee. But I figure I should eat something.

"Mommy aren't you going to eat?" Theodore asked and I snapped back to reality, to notice that all eyes were on me, full of concern.

"Oh. No. I'm not very hungry." I shrugged and put the fry down before sipping my tea.

"But you didn't eat dinner or breakfast at all today, yesterday or the day before." Gabriel said with knitted eyebrows.

"I'm just not hungry. You eat." I ordered and he turned back to his food.

Everyone went back to their business but Asher kept his eyes on me. "What?" I barked out.

"You need to eat." His voice was authoritative. I'm not even going to lie, it was hot as hell.

"You need to stay in your own damn lane." I whispered back harshly. His jaw clenched and I rolled my eyes before turning back to the boys.

"We have to leave soon."

All the boys, including the big babies collectively groaned.

"We want to spend more time with our dad." Gabriel pouted and I bit my lip.

"Maybe we can see him later. Mommy has work." I stared and pulled out my phone that was buzzing. I looked at the text on my screen.

"Wow, looks like you don't." Asher smirked reading over my shoulder.

"Wow, looks like they're still my kids." I glared and he cocked an eyebrow.

"You mean our kids?"