Vendetta Mars

Keith Mars was heading home around 10:00 at night after a long day at the station when he heard crying coming from an ally he pulled his car over to the side of the road turned off the engine and after making sure that what he was hearing wasn't his imagination he went to go find the source of the crying.... it was coming from a box by a dumpster.... kneeling down beside it he opened it and found a possibly 6 month old baby within it surrounded by crumpled up newspaper he gently picked up the baby checking her over then just as gently placed her back into the box not sure what else he could do he lifted the box and carried it to his car buckling it into the backseat he drove the rest of the way home..... when he got home he picked up the surprisingly quiet baby and carried her inside his wife Lianne looked at him strangely he explained what had happened and after hearing his story she took the baby from him so that he could go get the box she came in.... he looked inside the box to see if there were any clues as to where she came from but found none he chuckled when he flattened out each piece of newspaper Lianne once again looked at him strangely "the newspapers pages in here seem to hold a particular theme.... they're all Vendetta's of one form or another...."  Keith says showing his wife a couple of them "well then I suppose that could be her name...."  Lianne replies looking down at the sleeping baby in her arms then she says as she looks back up at her husband "I want to keep her!"  Keith looks at her in shock Lianne just shrugs then says "we can adopt her.... say she's a niece of ours or something.... it would be nice for Veronica to have someone to play with.... her very first friend!"  Keith smiles and shakes his head as his wife asks "but where do we put her?!.... there is no way I am placing her back in that box!"  Keith replies "I have yet to take her to the hospital to get checked out so why don't I go do that now and see if there are any carseats at the station we can borrow till we can get her one of her own...."  Lianne replies with hurried excitement "I'll take her!.... she can use Veronica's carseat on the way there and to the station...."  Keith looks at her "one of us has to stay here with Veronica who is in her crib sleeping.... and she needs her "daddy time" anyway.... so I'll go!"  she tells him before Keith can say anything Lianne is already out the door and heading towards her car placing the newly named baby in her daughters car seat.... Keith watches his wife with a grin and a shake of his head then heads into his 6 month old daughters room he gets out and puts together his daughters playpen getting it ready for his newest daughter/nieces arrival....

Vendetta was told the truth of how she was found from the very beginning as was Veronica but that didn't stop the two of them from becoming fast friends from day one to the day Veronica met and befriended Lily Kane they were inseparable.... though there were times when the three of them were inseparable as well.... Vendetta was just a bit more "careful" of her times when it was just the three of them after all Lily was closer to Veronica.... became friends with her first that sort of thing.... Vendetta or "V" sometimes "Ven" and/or even "Detta" befriended a computer "wiz" named Mac and PCHer named Felix besides Veronica those two were the only friends Vendetta ever made.... though she had never met the other PCHer's only seen them from afar.... one in particular caught her eye the "leader of the pack" someone Felix.... as well as everyone else.... called Weevil.... in school Vendetta pretty much kept to herself occasionally sitting with Mac in lunch or by herself.... she met Felix in 5th grade Mac in 6th and they each became fast friends.... but then again both Veronica and Vendetta never had any trouble "getting along" with people that is until AFTER Veronica's best friend Lily was murdered..... unlike Keith who believed Lily's father killed her Vendetta had her doubt's she never saw him as the type she also didn't believe that Abel Koontz the man framed for the murder did it either though she could believe that Lily's mother had committed the crime.... unlike Veronica who was there when Lily's body was found Vendetta was at Mac's house for a sleepover and got a call from Veronica crying Vendetta had apologized to Mac and left on her motorcycle back home to be there for her friend/cousin/sister she wasn't home on the day that Lianne had left either.... at least not at the time she had left.... but once again got a phone call and left to be there for her friend/cousin....

After Lily's death Veronica started to change hid inside a little shell so to speak.... Vendetta did her best to be there when she needed her but didn't coddle her instead she started to teach Veronica what she herself was learning on her own "free time".... self defense, martial arts.... things that she would need to know for her to protect herself..... but there was one thing that she was incapable of teaching Veronica how to protect herself from and she found out what that was when she and Veronica went to a party a few months after Lilly's death.... Veronica had pretty much begged her to go because she knew that the type of party Veronica was headed to was "not her type of scene"

the definition of vendetta (according to google) is: a blood feud in which the family of a murdered person seeks vengeance on the murderer or the murderer's family, an often prolonged series of retaliatory, vengeful, or hostile acts or exchange of such acts and/or a prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone