Lost His Cool 😎& Working For The Dean

Hey bébé I'm gonna be late comin home tonight Keith has me...."  Eli says into the phone "do you need the car?!.... I can have Angel drop it off.... or even pick me up after I drop it off.... I have yet to tell him anyway...."  Vendetta replies "yeah! yeah!.... that sounds great!.... I miss you!.... and hearing your voice only makes me miss you more!"  he says "I miss you too Eli!.... are you having fun?!.... I know answering phones and filing isn't anyone's "dream job" but...."  she asks "yeah Keith's been really cool!.... he only threatened me once..... and that's because.... well you know!"  Eli answers with a chuckle and Keith smiles at him she chuckles then asks "yeah.... I know.... what time do you need me?!"  Eli pauses then says "oh.... about 8 perhaps"  he hears her soft laugh again then tease "midnight it is!"  Eli groans then replies "hey don't!..... oh you little!!.... I love you!"  she answers "I love you too!"  and they both hang up.... the next day Vendetta was manning the phones while Eli and Keith were taking about his stake out skills "I just don't think it's the guard man he don't feel like a thief look he reads comics he drives a VW Bug no this is our guy"  Eli says as he walks around Keith's desk and points at the pictures "um Eli that's the owner"  Keith replies Vendetta chuckles softly "not him the truck the driver"  Eli says "I read the file the guy's been there for years with a spotless record why would he--"  Keith begins to ask Eli interrupts "steal shoes? he picked up a habit a nasty one check him out scrawny guy sniffles a lot always eating candy heroin and here-here check this out"  Keith says "he's off loading the truck"  Eli takes one of the pictures out of Keith's hands and says "yeah but-but check out the difference here he's straining right? then here it's no problem it's easygoing like--"  Keith interrupts this time "like it's light"  Eli nods looking over at Keith and says "empty"  Keith replies "Eli that's.... that's some fine detectiving"  Eli laughs excited and happy he claps and walks back around the desk looking at Vendetta as she sits at the reception desk with a smile on her face and he says "yeah man I-I-I knew it once I saw the guard I was like this-this can't be the guy then I was taking a look at the pictures and--"  Keith asks "have you slept yet?"  Eli answers holding onto the back of the chair on the opposite side of Keith's desk "not yet"  Keith stands up picking up on of his files and walking over to him and asks "couple lost their adult son a few years ago to a car accident now they think their grandson is being abused by the daughter-in-law think you can go get a few hours sleep and go back on the stakeout?"  Vendetta's eyes widen in surprise and worry as she listens in but she forces a smile when Eli looks over at her "I'll go right now if you need me too"  Eli replies "I like the hustle but the kid's in school until three"  Keith says handing Eli the file Eli takes it and he chuckles softly as Keith slaps his arm gently Eli walks over to Vendetta who stands up out of her chair and hugs him trying to hold back her worry "go get some sleep!.... I'll see you later!"  she says softly in his ear he nods pulling away from her though he doesn't want to let her go she says "I love you Eli!"  he smiles "I love you too!"  he says softly then walks out of the office and falls asleep in the backseat of his car "are you sure that was wise Uncle K?!.... he's going to be a father in a few months and he's extremely overprotective of kids not to mention since Lamb his temper has become like mine.... though he would never hurt me or his child.... he doesn't always think before he acts and when he finds this guy....!"  she asks Keith as soon as Eli's out of earshot and Keith thinks it over as well and places his hand on his forehead "it's too late to take him off it Uncle K.... he'd go on his own now that he has the little bit of info he has.... and that would be even worse!"  she continues Keith knows she's right and is not looking forward to how this case is going to end....