5 ☆Decisions☆

Shelby's POV•°

"Hey Max! Need anything?" I smiled and made my way over to him. "U-uh... No! I-I'm fine Shelbs! Where is everyone else?" Max's face grew a crimson color and I giggled softly. "We were all waiting for you! Come on!" I took his hand and started running down thw5 corridor. "Shelby!" He called my name from behind me. I stopped abruptly which caused Max to bump into me. I tripped and fell, my body prepared to hit the floor when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

"Hey, you okay Shelby?" Max smiled as he held onto me. I blushed lightly and nodded. "Thanks Max." I was finally able to speak as he helped me up. "Aw! How cute!" I heard a squeal or two and Max and I both snapped our heads in that direction. There was a quick flash and I rubbed my eyes. Jess was standing with Cecilia and Lizzie in front of us. Cecilia had a polaroid in her hands, a devious smile on her face. Jess and Lizzie were both giggling madly to each other. 

"Your secret's safe with me Max,  don't worry! I even read the book as proof of it!" Jess waved as she continued down the corridor with Lizzie and Cecilia giggling and following her. "Book? What book? What is she talking about Max?" I looked at him for answers. His face was redder than his hair as he ran like lightning away from me. He was going on and on about a book,  and my guess,  is that the book is important in some way.

I sighed and made my way down the corridor and towards the meeting room. I bumped into someone on accident and jumped back. "Sorry sorry! I-I really didn't mean to-" I stopped when I saw Cory looking down at me with his captivating eyes. I could barely tear myself away from them as I got lost several times. "Heh, you're okay, right Shelby? Did I hurt you in any way?" His voice was laced with concern and I couldn't help but fall for him more. 

"O-oh,  of course not! I-I'm perfectly fine..!" I stuttered out, completely at a loss for words. 'Curse his good looks!' I averted my eyes quickly and took in a deep breath. "Let's get to that meeting then." Cory smiled and took me hand in his. I buried my face in my hair to hide my red cheeks as we walked,  hand-in-hand with each other to the meeting room. 

Third Person View~°

Everyone eventually made it inside the meeting room and took their designated seats. "Okay team, we need to make a decision on what to do with the thieves. Any suggestions?" Jess started with the main topic. "I know about them and had their filed recovered with the help of Dan and Joel, and I think they should be allies." Max placed a total of five files in the center of the table. "Nice work Max!" Ross smiled as he scanned over the file that read 'Alice Tai Long'. "Hey, Jess, can we talk about 'him' after the meeting?" Sky leaned to the side and whispered to Jess so softly that only she heard him. "Oh yeah, we can talk, Adam." Jess frowned slightly as she nodded, concern etched onto her face.

"Isn't it a little concerning that they have powers, some even resembling ours?" Shelby piped up, making a good point. "Yeah, and we should run some drills to test how strong they actually are." Aphmau scanned the full meeting room before nudging Jess' s side with a smirk when she catches Jin staring in her direction. Jess blushed and looked down quickly, causing Aphmau to giggle like crazy.

"Shelby and Aphmau make a good point. Maybe the simulation that we went through will be a good idea!" Jin blushed as he looked mostly at Jess while talking. "Good thinking pal!" Max obnoxiously patted Jin's back, making him flinch back in shock. "Great! Here's the plan! Cory and Max will be in charge of watching our guests while they are being tested in our simulator. Ross and Adam will be searching for more information about them. Shelby and Aphmau will research how these new powers came to light. Jin and I will record everything and make full reports! How does it sound?" Jess gestured to each pair of people when she mentioned their names.

"Ye!" Ross nodded and everyone else nodded along with him. "Let's put this plan into action then!" Aphmau cheered before Jess dismissed the meeting.