8 ☆Troubled and Perplexed☆

Shelbys's POV•°

This is so confusing. Or maybe I'm not smart enough. Gah! This is frying my brain and driving me into overdrive! "Aphmauuuu! I need your help! Or someone that knows computer stuff at least..." I mumbled the last part mostly to myself. "I'm coming!" Aphmau called back from behind the shelves of books.

"Okay!" I called back and sighed heavily before returning to the computer. I am definitely not a computer genius. 

Aphmau came over shortly after and smiled. "What's the problem? Is there something wrong with the computer?" I shook my head and ran a stressed hand through ny hair. "No, it's just that I can't seem to finger out how it works. It's nothing like my laptop back at Ross's home. I think I turned my brain into fried eggs." I explained my troubles and hoped she wouldn't judge.

"Don't worry, you can count on me." She grinned and got to work on the computer. I qatched her from behind, my eyes wide with awe.

"Annnnd done!" Aphmau backed away from the computer to present to me what she had found. ""Archives of Lost or Abnormal Powers..." Aphmau, you found everything we need!" After reading the title of the file, I hugged her tightly. She hugged back and laughed. "Now, let's dig up some archives!"

Information was found, but something else was found that seemed a little... off...

'The creator of these new power charms is referred to as 'Creator', meaning that no one has ever seen or heard of this mysterious person. We know that he is a male and had a family. His wife was murdered and their home set to flames. His daughter was never heard of, but her appearance is extraordinary. Red hair that shone brightly like the sun, and hazel eyes that you could get lost in for an eternity. More on Creator's Daughter below.'

"Oh my gosh... Shelby!" Aphmau called for me this time and I rushed over. "Find anything interesting?" I looked at the file she was currently reading. "Very interesting. Hey, what did you say happened to your family again..? I don't think you told me." She smiled and stood inbetween me and the computer.

I frowned a bit at the question and her actions. "Why do you want to know? That's such an odd question to ask at the moment..." I answered hesitantly and bit my lip. I could tell she was nervous, I saw it in the way she stood and the way she smiled. The power of light gave me this blessing.

"N-Never mind..!" Aphmau shook her head and turned the computer off. I furrowed my brow and froqned even more. "Why did you do that? We still need those archives for more research!" I reached over to try and turn the monitor back on onky to get a slap on the hand. "No! W-We're done Shelby! That's it. Let's go now." Aphmau quickly took my hand and rushed me out the research room before closing and locking the door. 

Something fishy is going on. She's hiding something from me...