15 ☆No Mercy☆

Shelby's POV•*

"Cory... I need your help. I-It's the only way I'll be able to get better..." I muttered and released my arm from his grasp. I rested myself against the wall and inhaled sharply, my eyes fluttering to a close and my body taking a moment to relieve itself. "Anything. What is it?" He nodded firmly and was ready to do just about anything, but was he prepared for what I had in store was the question.

"I need you... to consume my soul..." I chuckled softly and looked at him, his fearful expression lightening up my mood, "Trust me, it'll h-help..." I winced and could feel my body growing weaker and weaker. Cory sighed and shook his head, "Shelby, you know I haven't used that part of my power yet... It's hard to control and it could permanently damage you." He warned me and objected to my proposal.

"It won't, trust me... I need you to do it now though Cory, I-I'm losing myself..." I pleaded with him, the pain within intensifying as we carried on. I could tell he was pained and conflicted with my words and decision, but it was what had to be done, and I wouldn't be able to make it if he didn't help me.

"Fine, just promise me you'll be okay..." He had began to raise his hand, his eyes squeezed shut after giving mine a final glance. "I promise Cory." I smiled faintly and took a hold of his wrist, guiding it towards my chest and over my heart. "Please work..." He muttered before uttering the spell that could summon Death himself. "Eat the fragments, devour the whole, take within, and consume this soul!" Cory shouted the last part and an eerie black mist traveled from his hands to his fingertips, and then into my body.

"SHELBY!!" I heard the scream of a familiar voice, but everything had went blank and absent. The world was faint and leaving my eyes. No, it had left my eyes, and all there was, was a bright light that gave my warmth.

Max's POV•*

I ran over as fast as I could, Jess right behind me with no haste being wasted. I saw what Cory did. He had killed Shelby with no mercy! I watched her body fall to the floor and Cory slide down the wall. "Max wait-!" Jess called from behind me after I had rushed and was about to jump Cory, my anger completely blinding me.

"MAX!" Jess screamed after me, her shout falling upon deaf ears. Before I could even stop myself, I had attacked Cory. His body was a few feet away from mine because of how strong the blow was. A small cloud of steam had erupted from his cheek and my fist, the anger boiling inside of me having taken form of a flame and helping me hurt him more. "Max!! How could you do that?!" Jess pushed past me and got down to Cory's side, cupping his face and being careful not to touch the burn mark that was near his eye.

That was when I realized... Cory didn't do this on his own. I could see now, the tears that were running down his cheeks as he laid their, body sprawled against the floor. "Wh-What did I...?" I backed away, fear in my eyes as the horror ran through me and made my spine tingle. What did I do?