16 ☆Intrusion☆

Aphmau's POV•*

"Jin will pay for betraying us!" I growled and stormed off to my study, deciding to start analyzing the stopwatch he had on him. If it worked like mine, then that means I could use it to communicate with Tiff. She had broken the communicator off when she found out I was apart of the Hopes, and at first I had assumed it was because she was losing her power. But now, seeing that Jin has been talking to her as plain as day, she clearly had an ulterior reason for doing what she did.

I wasn't giving this watch to Lizzie yet... I couldn't, there were too many secrets. "What do you think you're doing?" I heard a silky yet monotonous voice take form behind me and I turned, only to be horrified by the sight. "G-Goldie...? S-So you are alive..." I shrunk back in my seat and took a deep breath.

"How can I not be alive? I live within the clockwork of any watch or clock. I AM time. A force that cannot be stopped and a being far superior to be overwhelmed. Why must you interfere with our plans? The Awakening must take place and you're getting in the way of what's to become inevitable!" Goldie snatched me up by my neck with a loud growl and a very strong arm.

"Wh-What is that...?" I managed to stutter out with every ounce of my remaining breath slowly teetering. I had squeezed my eyes shut, but slowly started to open them just to see that menacing smirk playing on her lips.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Well, I guess Tiff wouldn't mind seeing you again. After all, you are still family." Goldie chuckled and my eyes widened, "Wh-What...?! N-No stop!" I yelled and struggled in her grip.

I could not only feel, but see the golden powder crawl its way through every fiber of my being. I started to lose feeling in my legs first, then my torso and arms. "I'm sure you'll love what we've done with the place-" Her words were cut off and I could feel her grip loosen.

Ross's POV•*

I wasn't going to just sit here and train. Not when Aphmau is doing all this work on her own. I made up my mind and with no hesitation, I turned around and ran for her room. I was done letting people walk over me and tell me what to do. I was done being treated like a joke. I was done being useless.

"Aphmau!" I slammed the door open, only to back up quickly at the sight before me. "H-Hey...! Let her go!" I yelled and clenched my fists, "Ground Pound!" I yelled and slammed my foot onto the floor. A boulder like clump of rocks appeared before me and I punched it hard in the direction of Aphmau's captor, "Rock Smash!"

I watched as the rock flew into the back of the ladies head and she froze. I used the opportunity and shoved her away, the body dropping and rolling to the side.

"Ross!" I heard my name and looked up, only to feel the weight of a whole body topple me over. I groaned and shook my head, looking up and seeing Aph on top of me. My cheeks flared and I smiled nervously, "S-Sorry...!" I muttered anxiously and tried to get back up. She kept me down for some reason and out of nowhere, embraced me in her arms.

My eyes widened a bit but I hugged back nevertheless. "Y-You're right... I always need your help... You're a great partner in crime." Aphmau said softly in my ears and continued to hug me. I nodded and smiled in her hair, "That's okay... I should just try getting stronger so that you won't have to get hurt again..." I replied softly and slowly sat up with her, my face still heated and red. I had never truly experienced something like that, it felt so foreign... so new...

New experiences was an understatement though...