13☆The Light☆

Shelby's POV~*

My thoughts were everywhere as I felt the heavy wave of fatigued contaminate my body completely. My eyes were half lidded and my hair was slightly disheveled. It was like the world was punishing me for finding out a big secret a had no business knowing. ​Pfft, thanks a lot world... ​I huffed a bit and sighed softly.

My eyes gazed up at my savior, Cory, and I smiled a bit. "Th-Thanks..." I mumbled softly and kept my grip on him as firm as possible, even though my hands and feet felt like jelly. Cory only smiled back genuinely, nothing but kind words leaving his lips. "Anything to help my friend, Shelbs." Though I was fatigued, my cheeks managed to burn up and glow with a tint of red.

We had reached our destination and Cory knocked firmly on the door to the infirmary. It opened after some time and Lizzie stood there, a small smile on her face. "How may I help you two?" She looked at us both, but furrowed her brows as she did a double-take on me and my unusually appearance. "It's Shelby, she's doesn't look to well and Aphmau had told me that after they did some research, she rushed off somewhere and never came back. That was until I found her in her room, in this condition." Cory explained slowly and thoroughly for Lizzie to catch every detail.

Lizzie nodded her head and spoke, her words surprising both Cory and I. "Shelby's perfectly fine." My eyes widened slightly at her words and I inhaled deeply. "A-Are you... Are you sure..?" I raised a questionable eyebrow and she nodded with a small grin. "I will give you advice on how to fix the small problem. Just ​confide in the light​, and your illness will go away. Thanks for stopping by~!" 

Before either Cory or I could object, the door closed in our faces. "Shelby... did you understand any of what she said?" He looked over at me and I shook my head gently. I didn't want to admit that I had a ​clue​ of what she meant, so I stayed ​clueless​. ​If Cory could just leave, then I could test out the new trick I learned with the light... I bet that's what Lizzie was referring to...​ My thoughts lingered on one single idea and smiled a bit to myself. I knew exactly what to do, and maybe Cory didn't have to leave. 

A/N ~ Sorry for short chapter, my brain kinda clocked out and I lost my ideas for this chapter T~T Love you~!