Unrequited crush

In the process of hanging with the guys, I developed a slight crush on Damon of all people. I did anything to be around him. That was making it hard for me to concentrate, especially when I was in class with him.

Sure, I would talk to him and act like nothing was going on, but I couldn't help but think what it would be like for him to give me my first kiss. Yes, I had never had my first kiss or even boyfriend, for that matter.

I would sit there at lunch while the three of them would go back and forth and look at Damon, always making my way down to his lips. They were plump and pink and looked so soft. He must use chapstick.

"Earth to Malia," Abby said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?"

"I asked if you wanted to go out for pizza with us after school," she asked me.

The guys stopped and looked at me as I said, "Yeah, sure."

They all grinned. Hmm, maybe this will give me a chance to talk to Damon a bit more.

"When does Jas return?" Niko asked.

"Sometime today. Jasmine called me yesterday and said they were back," Abby said.

"Jas? Who's Jas?"

"Jas is Jasmine as is in me," a female voice said. I turned to see a girl standing at the table, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and strikingly beautiful.

"Hey you," Damon said, getting up and going over to her. He pulled her into a kiss. "I missed you."

"Yeah, it sucked having to go away for a couple of weeks with my parents," she said as she ran her finger across his face.

Then Damon turned to me and said, "Malia, meet Jasmine, my girlfriend."

The minute he said those words, my heart sank. Of course, he would have a girlfriend. The dude was hot.

"Nice to meet you," I said softly.

"Same. I've heard a lot of things about you from the wonder twins," he smiled brightly. Jasmine seemed friendly and nice. I couldn't be mad at her since I didn't know her.

She joined us, and I sat there quietly. She filled everyone in about her trip, and they all talked. I watched as she and Damon sat unbearably close. After a couple of minutes, I got up.

"Malia?" It was from Abby.

"I remembered I had to get something from my locker for class."

"Are we going to see you later, then?"

"Yeah, sure," I said as I left quickly. Ugh. I get to watch more PDA from my crush and his girlfriend. It was going to suck.

******
I let mom know I was going out for pizza with everyone, so she didn't worry, and I made my way to town. I walked in, and they were already seated at a table. I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile as I walked toward them.

I sat down in between Abby and Niko.

"Hey guys," I said as I took a seat.

"Hey, Malia," Jasmine said, smiling. Oh, come on. At least call me the wrong name so I can have a reason to be mad at you.

She proceeded to talk to me, and my surprise, she was funny and bubbly. I almost forgot why I was so upset until I saw her nuzzle into Damon. I started to rub my hands on my pants. A nervous habit I did when I was trying to calm myself.

Watching them made me feel more and more upset, to the point I needed to leave. I stood up.

"Malia?" Niko asked.