Wake up

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked around and saw a dark room. I rubbed my eyes and leaned over, turning on my light. What the hell was that?

I got up quickly and ran down the stairs to find Luka asleep on my couch. Wait a minute; it couldn't have been a dream. Could it? Did I dream it all?

I looked for Luka's phone and opened it. I dialed Niko.

Luka? Christ man, it's three in the morning!

"Niko, it's me."

Malia? What's wrong? Is Luka okay?

"He's fine. He sounds like a dying bear, but he's fine. By any chance, did he hit you?"

No, although thanks to him, I have a sweet hole in my wall to look at now.

"And Taylor didn't beat you up?"

Taylor? Why the fuck would Taylor beat me up?

"Oh, no reason."

Taylor, you douche! Did you hit me while I was sleeping?

What the hell are you yapping about this time, Niko? And thanks for waking me up, dumbass.

"Never mind," I said, hanging up.

"Malia?"

I turned to see Luka looking at me strangely.

"Why do you have my phone?"

"I was just calling to talk to Niko," I said calmly.

"At three in the morning?"

"Friendship has no time frame," I grinned. Luka gave me a look. "Here." I handed back his phone and hastily retreated upstairs. What the hell was that?

******
I got up and got ready for school while yawning. I was exhausted after that freaking nightmare last night. Luka was in the kitchen, talking to my dad about what happened last night. I was too tired to bother.

"Mal? You okay?"

"Just a bad dream last night." I waved off his concern.

We went to school, and trying to stay awake was rough. At one point, I fell asleep in class only to fall into another freaking nightmare. This time it was with Simon chasing me, and he ended up getting me pinned to the ground. Just as he was about to plunge a knife into me, I woke up screaming, startling the class, including Damon.

"Malia?"

Oh god. I ran out of there quickly with Damon hot on my heels. As we ran down the hallway, he poked his head in Luka's class, "Luka! It's Malia!"

Luka shot out of class and followed him. They caught up with me, and Luka grabbed me, causing me to scream.

"Malia! It's me," he said, getting my attention.

"Oh god, Luka," I started panicking. "Knife. On top of me. Niko. Fight. Taylor."

"Malia, your not making any sense," he said. By this time, people had gathered in the hallway.

"Luka! The nightmares!"

He looked at me as his brows furrowed and pulled me into his chest as I clinched on them.

"Shh, it's okay. I got you. No one is going to hurt you," Luka spoke in a soothing tone.

While he calmed me, a pair of black boots stood there. I looked at the floor and saw them. When I looked up, whoever it was, left. My brows furrowed and I looked at Luka, "What?"