There has to be a connection

They sorted through hours and hours of evidence, trying to figure out the connection to who was behind all of this. While my dad and the others were busy with that, we were all hanging at my house.

"So, did they find out anything?" Jasmine asked.

"No one saw anything," I said.

"Typical small town bullshit," Luka said as I sat down next to him.

"Well, at least you weren't being suspected of murder," Niko said. "Although this is fitting."

"Don't be too broken up about this," Luka said to him.

"Trust me; I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but it's also a relief," Niko said.

"I just think it's odd. The victims have all been girls then the Deputy. Creepy," I said.

"Well, it's not like the killer is just going to walk up and knock on the door announcing themselves," Damon said. Just as he said that there was a knock at the door causing us to jump.

We started laughing as I got up to answer the door. There stood a guy from school dressed in a delivery uniform. I recognized him from my class, "You're Patrick."

"Yeah, and you're Malia, right?"

"Yep, that'd be me."

"Whew, I got the right house."

I gave him a look as he handed me a bouquet of red roses. I signed for them.

"See ya around, Malia."

"Later, Patrick."

I closed the door and in the bouquet was a note.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
My heart beats just for you.

Love Luka

I walked in and set the flowers down, then gave him a kiss, "I love them."

"Well, I figure since frick and frack over here wrecked part of our weekend, it was at least I could do," he smirked.

I smiled at him.

*******
The next day at school, everyone was getting antsy as it got closer to Christmas break. I think it's because we couldn't do much except go to school or home. After a while, that tends to get boring except for Luka and me, who found alternative ways of keeping ourselves entertained.

We opened the door to the janitor closet and looked around then when the close was clear we hurried to class.

"For someone that likes privacy, you sure could have fooled me," I whispered.

"Yeah, well, it's not like we can do anything at our houses considering your dad carries a gun."

I looked at him, "Yeah, but so does yours."

"Who would call your dad and let him know."

"Good point."

That was a little obstacle for us, trying to find "alone" time, but we managed one way or another.

Luka even drove us to a secluded spot, and we climbed into the back seat. Our clothes quickly found their way off, and we were fast going at it. I don't know if it was the thrill of getting caught or what, but it made it way more exciting.

After we finished, we laid in the backseat covered with a blanket.

"At some point, we are going to have to figure out another place. I think our parents are getting suspicious of us," I said to him.