Mammoth sleepover and other issues

Since the dance canceled, mom and dad allowed everyone to crash at our house. That made for an awkward time with Damon, Niko, and Taylor. I will never understand Damon and Niko. I'm not sure if I want to understand them.

We all sat around playing games and eating pizza. At one point, Niko got up and went into the kitchen as Damon waited, then got up and followed.

Luka leaned over and asked, "What is with those two? They've been acting weird ever since they got here."

"I'll tell you upstairs," I whispered. We made some excuses to go upstairs, leaving the girls and Taylor to continue to play the game that we were playing.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, other issues were arising.

"Niko," Damon said in his husky voice, causing Niko to stop as he went to open the fridge.

"What Damon?"

"Talk to me."

"About what?" He asked, turning around to face Damon.

"Why is that tool here?"

"He's not a tool. He's nice and doesn't treat me like the plague."

"I don't treat you like the plague."

"Are you sure? Because the other day, you sure did."

"Niko, you know why. I don't want to put you in a bad position."

"Bad position? More like you're too busy hiding in the closet to come out," he shot back.

"That's not fair, Niko."

"No, you know what's not fair is the fact that here I'm pining for you like an idiot, and you're too busy worrying about what people think."

They were standing face to face. Damon looked at him, "I care about you. Don't you see that."

"Then let me be happy for once," he said, knocking past him and going into the living room.

He took a seat next to Taylor.

"Everything okay?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah. Who's turn is it?"

Meanwhile, up in the bedroom with Luka, who was pacing back and forth, then stopped, "So you're telling me, Damon and Niko?"

I nodded, "Yep."

"Really?"

"Well, stranger things have happened. Like you and me," I smirked.

He gave me a look, "That's not funny, Malia."

"Oh, lighten up."

"But still Damon and Niko? I'm so confused." He sat down on the bed. I sat down next to him.

"Well, whatever you do, don't kill Damon. Niko didn't want me to say anything."

"Why would I kill Damon?"

"You do have a temper and took a baseball bat to the Deputy," I said with a look.

"Well, yeah, because he deserves beaten, but I wouldn't do that to my best friend."

"Are you sure?"

"Okay, I may have to hurt him a bit."

"Luka."

"Fine. Can I at least punch Damon once? In the face? Break his nose?"

"No."

"Oh, come on, Malia!"

"Luka, stop whining like a big baby just because I won't let you punch Damon," I said to him.

"Okay fine. I won't hit Damon. Much." I just rolled my eyes, and then we heard yelling coming from downstairs. We bolted out of my bedroom and down the stairs to see Damon and Taylor going at it, while Niko and the girls tried to break it up.