Trouble on the horizon: the homecomingg chapter

With everything that has been going on as of late, trouble seems to follow us, especially with Homecoming coming up. As much as our parents wanted to keep us safe, we also wanted to enjoy the perks of high schools, such as a traditional homecoming and football game.

We didn't know we would have a special guest added to the mix in the form of Lakewood's very own serial killer.

Dad made sure there were plenty of officers stationed at the game dressed in plain clothes. He figured it would be the perfect time to catch whoever was behind the killings.

We pulled into the parking lot, and he turned off the truck.

"Mal, I want you to stick close to the boys, you hear me."

"Yes, dad," I said, rolling my eyes. I got out of the truck, and mom looked at him.

"Gabe, relax. Everyone that needs to be here will be here. Let's go and watch the game. Charlie and Joe will be walking around along with the others," she said.

"Missy, I just know with that Deputy locked up, it's one less issue to deal with, but it doesn't mean this is over," he said to her.

"I know, but come on. Let's enjoy the game," Mom said, getting out of the truck as he followed her.

I went looking for the guys when I bumped into Taylor.

"Oomph, sorry."

"No worries."

"Taylor, right?"

"Yeah. I came to find Niko and ask if he wanted to sit with me."

"Oh, okay. Well, if you want, you can follow me. I'm on my way to see the guys anyway," I said, pointing to where they were.

"Malia! Hurry up," Luka yelled.

"That's my cue," I said, touching his arm and walking over to Luka. Taylor followed me, and I kissed Luka as he talked to Niko. Abby and Jasmine were there, and Damon was talking to them.

We found our seats near our parents as people filled the bleachers.

"Charlie. Joe. Let's walk around the area," dad said. They nodded and got up. The split up and walked around as did other people. Luka and I talked as did the others.

While we were engrossed in the game, dad spoke into his wrist mic, "Anything?"

"Negative Gabe."

"Okay, keep an eye on everything. I want to make sure if the killer shows, we catch him," he said.

"Roger that."

The game started and Lakewood was taking hits left and right. The crowd was pumping and there was excitement in the air. You got to love small towns. They sure do love their football.

After a while, it was half-time. I decided to use the bathroom. I had to wait since there was a line. Yeah, whoever design these bathrooms needed to rethink more than four stalls. Women have to pee.

I stood there waiting impatiently when a guy was on his way over to me only to stop when he saw Luka walk up.

"What's taking so long?"

"Well, considering whoever design these bathrooms had one hell of a sense of humor."

"Want me to wait with you?" Luka asked.

"Eh, why not?"

At least I had some company while I waited to pee. As we waited, someone bumped into Luka, "Hey, watch it."