Getting close

We sat there flipping through comics books when I said, "Luka, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Am I a lousy kisser?"

He stopped and looked at me, "What?"

"I asked if I'm a lousy kisser."

He turned his head and gave me a look, "You don't know if your a good kisser or not?"

"Well, no. You see, you're the first guy I ever kissed."

He turned, so he was facing me directly, "Wait a minute. Are you telling me I'm you're the first kiss?"

"When you put it like that, you make me sound weird."

"Are you sure?"

"I think I would know if I kissed someone or not," I said a matter of fact.

The next thing I knew, he pulled me onto his lap. He reached and placed his hands in my hair, holding my head. I straddled his lap as he pulled my lips to him. The kiss started slow, but he deepened it as he engulfed my lips with his.

After a minute, we came up for air, and he looked at me, "You are an amazing kisser. Even when I kissed you the very first time."

I felt my cheeks heat and placed my hands on them. Luka moved his hands away until they rested on mine, running my hands away from my cheeks, "Don't. I like to see you blush."

He leaned in and kissed me again, then pulled back.

"Malia, I like you."

"I like you too."

"No, I mean like you."

"Yeah, I like you too."

He rubbed his face in frustration, "What I mean is, will you go out with me?"

"Like a date?"

"Well, that's what they usually call it."

"Sure," I smiled.

"And they say I'm slow," he sighed, and I tapped him.

"Hey!"

He chuckled. "You're killing me; you know that?"

"How so?"

"I've been trying to get you to notice me for the longest time, and it went right over your head," he said, waving his hand over his head.

"Well, sorry. It's not like I know these things. I've never gone out with a guy, let alone kissed one until now. Give me a flipping break," I groaned.

He chuckled at my inexperience, and I shot him a glare. He placed his hands on my hips and leaned in and kissed me. There was a knock at the door, and we both stopped and turned to see mom. She waved a finger at us to see her.

We both got up, and I asked, "What's up?"

"You're dad called; there's been a situation."

I looked at her as she continued, "They found a girl who's your age in the woods behind the school."

"Okay?"

"She was murdered."

My mouth went agape as did Luka's mouth.

"As of right now, they are issuing a city-wide curfew along with surrounding cities, meaning no one is to leave the house tonight."

I looked at Luka, and he looked at me when she said, "Guess you're staying the night on the couch Luka."