Chapter Three: I'm Ennard

I screamed and grabbed my lava lamp as a weapon. The 8-foot tall creature stumbled into my room and screeched in surprise. I swung my lamp but missed. (I gotta work on my aim.) The wiry beast made that whirring sound and dodged my attacks.
"S-stay back! I got a l-lava lamp and I'm not a-afraid to use i-it again!" I stammered. I was only 4 feet and 11 inches. This was an 8-foot monster! It stepped closer to me as I held the lamp up to my face for protection. As I closed my eyes, I began to panic. 'I'm gonna die on the first night... AGAIN. I was too young then, and I'm too young now! Well, James, guess I am going to Heaven.'  I felt tears grow on my eyelids as I heard the creature's heavy breathing. Its face was so close to mine that I could feel the warmth from its breath. 'I'm too old to cry, I'm too old to cry, I'm too old to cry!' I scolded myself.
Then, the unexpected happened.

I felt the lamp move in my hand a little bit. Something told me this was it. I'm gonna die again! But then... as I scrunched up my face... ready for it to get taken off...
I felt a smooth, cold hand touch my cheek. A purring sound emitted from the monster as I opened my eyes. It made a worried look at me and sat on the floor. I put the lava lamp on the dresser and stared at it. "H-hi, I'm Melany," I waved. It blinked twice and got up. It then pointed to itself and picked up the Ennard plush. "You're... Ennard?" He nodded as I looked at the resemblance. "Can you talk?" I asked. He shook his head in shame and gazed down at me. "That's too bad. Well, I can deal with someone quiet. Sorry about the whole fighting thing. You just scared me." Ennard scrunched up his face in a sad way. I thought he would cry, but I realized that he was a robot. "No no no, don't feel bad about it." I rubbed his back as he glanced over at me. (Ennard was still standing up, so I rubbed his lower back. Remember, I'M SHORT!😜)

Ennard pointed to his self. "You... ?" He took up my duster and acted like he was dusting off my lamp. It was a game of Shurades. "M-maid... cleaned up?" I asked in confusion. Ennard face palmed and dusted again. "Maid... no wait, made!" Ennard clapped his hands and put the duster on the shelf. Then he grabbed the Quail plushie (A member of the Quad Squad) and pointed at the "a". "Okay, you made... a?" Ennard nodded and wiggled his ears. I giggled. "That was so cute!" We both blushed.
'You can't have feelings for this... this monster, Melany. I know you can't.'

I ignored the voice in my head and watched Ennard point to the "n", "e" and "w" in Funtime Freddy's name and a nearby poster. "You... made a... new friend?" I was good at Shurades.
Ennard blushed deeply and hugged me with a big smile. His wires wrapped around my arms as he picked me up. I began to tense up; being 8 feet high in the air scared the living daylight donuts outta me!
Ennard saw my expression (which was TERRIFIED) and placed me on my bed. He sat down and looked at me. "Sorry, Ennard. I don't like heights. I'm sorry." He nodded his head in agreement and grabbed my hand. Ennard opened the door and bolted out with me on his back.
"Are you taking me to meet your other friends?" I said, moving a lock of my hair from my mouth.
Ennard nodded his head and kept on running for the Funtime Auditorium.