Chapter Five: Voices and Headaches

I was sleeping when I heard James' voice in my head. I wasn't thinking about him... he told me that he would show up if I was thinking about him. Why was he here now?
"I know what you're wondering. Why am I here? I want to talk to you about that thing," said James as he walked up to me. I looked down at the 6/28 year old boy. "His name is Ennard, and there is nothing wrong with him." "Yes there is! I told you not to talk to him! You didn't listen to me in chapter three!!" he yelled as he stretched the bottom of my shirt. I was confused. "Wait, what chapter?" James let go of my shirt. "Never mind that! I lost you... and now I'll get rid of him!"
I grabbed his transparent arm. "You listen to me, James Sammy Adams!" (Ooh, she said his full name! 😹Sassy cat!) "Ennard didn't do anything to you! You may be 28 at heart, but you're still a little kid! I can like whoever I want to!" James turned his head all the way around, his eyes gleaming red. "Oh, really?" He grew up and turned into...
an adult?!
"Who's the oldest now?!" James grabbed hold of my neck. "You're supposed to be happy for me!" I spat, "You're supposed to be in Heaven, James!" I screamed as he choked me. "Talk to him again, and I'll KILL YOU!!!"
"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"
I screamed awake and hugged myself. Breathing hard, I stared at Ennard, who was surprisingly looking at me with a worried look. I was sweating and I said, "Ennard... I don't know what happened... I... I'm sorry I scared you... I... I..." I couldn't finish talking, so I wrapped my arms around Ennard, and cried. He crisscrossed his legs and set me in between. I let go of him as he wrapped his arms around me, rocking back and forth and caressing my back to calm me down. He cooed me and smiled.
When I finally stopped crying (a good 30 minutes later to be exact), my head began to hurt. Ennard looked down at me and wiggled his ears to get me to laugh. "Ha, Ha, Ha... ow!" I held my head and Ennard jumped and hissed at me. He gurgled, as if to ask what was wrong. "It's okay Ennard, I'm fine... just a little headache. Argh... I've been crying a lot anyway," I said, patting his hand. Ennard sighed in relief and laid back on the wall. He moved his fingers through my hair and braided it. The movement of his smooth fingers made me relax. I was about to drift off to sleep when Baby opened the door.
"Hey Mel... oh! Was I interrupting something?" she asked when me and Ennard jumped. "No, no, Baby. My shift's about to start, but I have a headache. Don't worry about it though, I'll be fine," I reassured her. "Okay, just wanted to let you know," Baby began, "Quail is in the Parts and Service Room. Dameon was practicing his splits, and she tripped over his leg. She's the oldest out of Utah, Abby, and Dameon, you know." I looked at the clock, which read 11:35. "Alright. I'll go get ready. Thanks, Baby." She smiled and closed the door.

Time Skip (cuz I'm awesome 😎)~

I went to the Parts and Service Room to see the four members of the Quad Squad. Artsy Tina was in there, too. "I think a bolt came loose, Melany," said Quail. "It'll be okay, guys," I reassured the others. Picking up a wrench, I worked on the bolt. The wrench squeaked loudly, making my headache get worse.
'You won't finish the job.'
I ignored James's threat and kept tightening the bolt.
'You can't ignore me, Melany.'
His voice was booming and echoing throughout my skull. 'Shut up, dude,' I said in my mind.
'I'LL KILL YOU!!!'
"STOP IT, JAMES! JUST STOP IT!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I screamed. Everyone looked at me when I was done with the bolt. My headache was finally gone. "Melany, are you okay?" Tina asked, touching my shoulder. I looked at the robotic chipmunk with tears in my eyes. "I'm fine. (I lied, I'm dying inside😂) I just need to be alone."
I left the Parts and Service Room and ran off towards my room. Closing the door, I sat on the floor and cried. Ennard had left. I wondered where he was until,
'Ah, ah, ah. Don't you dare think of him, Sister.'
"Why won't you leave me alone?!" I whined as I cried and stuffed my face in my hands.
I didn't know that there was a white, purple, and orange fox on the outside of the door.