Chapter Twenty-Eight: Comfort Zone

"ENNARD!! Please wake up, sweetie!!!" I screamed, sharing him vigorously. Ennard screamed and woke up crying.

"Melany!!!" he shouted, looking around the room as if he didn't see me. I held his hands and caressed them. "Ennard, I'm right here! What happened?"
Ennard looked down at me and cried on my shoulder. "I don't know... I don't know... I don't know..." he repeated. I caressed his back and began to sing, trying to calm him down.

"1,2,3,
My heart starts beating,
the room stays quiet, but inside I'm screaming,
Do I feel love? I don't have a clue,
Will you love me, cause I love, I love you.
Whoa, whoa, oh oh oh,
Yeah, I love you,
Whoa, whoa, oh oh oh,
Yeah, I love you."

Ennard stopped crying and sniffled a little. He was still shaken from his nightmare. "I was dreaming about the first time I met you," he began, "When I felt your face, and you introduced yourself, but..." "But what happened after that?" I asked, still holding his hand.
"... everything was melting. I was crying and I tried to call you, but I couldn't hear you, Mel. I'm too scared to go back to sleep now. I'm sorry." Ennard held my cat pillow close to his chest and sniffled again. I got out of bed and squat down by my dresser, rooting around for some clothes. It was close to time for me to go home for the weekend.
"It's okay, Ennard. Tell you what: I'll bring the Mennard plush with me for the weekend, and you should sleep with the Elany plush tonight, okay?" I felt something tickle my left thigh and looked down. It was one of Ennard's wires. I looked at him and saw the animatronic blush deeply.

"Y-you look good in shorts, Melany," he said shyly, trying to hide his face behind the pillow. "Nope!" I playfully shouted at the top of my lungs. Ennard laughed and chased me into the bathroom. I pushed him out and locked the door, resuming to changing my clothes.
One of Ennard's wires tried to unlock the door, and I popped it. "Uh, uh, uh, Ennard! We're not doing that!" I heard him giggle. When I was done, I left the bathroom and bent over to pick up my backpack. "Melany..." I turned around to see Ennard making lustful eyes at me.
"NOPE!" I shoved him off the bed and left, hearing him laughing.

Little did I know that things were about to go really bad.