Chapter Thirty-One: Fork this Shirt, I'm Out

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Ennard jumpscared us and I ran for the door, Adrian close beside me. "I know a safe place for us to go!" I yelled. Ennard stayed in the office, chuckling to his self. "You're one great actress, Melany."

I led Adrian to Ballora's Gallery and we both panted from all the running. "Who... what was that thing?!" she asked, sitting on the floor. "I-I don't know! Through these 4 weeks, I haven't seen it!" I looked through the darkness, trying to hear a song. When I heard a distant "I hear someone in my room", I giggled quietly.
"Adrian," I whispered, "I think I hear something. We need to go now." She nodded and got up. As we walked, I saw Baby and Ballora in the dark. They crept up on us. "I think we're safe now," Adrian turned around and screamed. I saw Baby and Ballora open their faceplates and I screamed, too.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

This time Adrian grabbed my arm and ran for the elevator. Freddy, Baby, Ballora, and Ennard were coming for us, and Adrian closed the door and pressed a button. When we got to the car, she turned on the radio and we sped away. "Adrian, are you okay?" I asked, seeing her stunned look. "You're one brave soldier," she said as we turned a corner.
When we got home, Adrian started grabbing her clothes and threw them in some suitcases. I was puzzled. "What are you doing, girl?" Adrian stopped moving and glanced at me, tears in her eyes. "I'm leaving, Melany." I stole one of her shirts. "Why and where are you going?"
"I'm going back to New York City where my parents are. I feel really bad for telling you that I was gonna come to work with you." I gave Adrian her shirt back. "What do you mean?" Adrian zipped up the suitcase.

"In 1987, about 16 years ago, I had an older sister who was 6 at the time. She was celebrating her birthday party at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Her name was Chelsea, and she was killed there. Seeing those animatronics freaked me out, reminding me of what happened those years ago." I felt really bad for scaring her like that. I decided that I would tell her everything.
As I did so, Adrian grew more and more frightened. "So," I ended, "I'm basically a zombie, I guess." Adrian grabbed her things and left the house, went to her car, and drove away.
I went back to Circus Baby's and went to my room. I cried and stuffed my face in one of my pillows.

"Melany...? Are you okay in there?" Ennard came in and found me. "I'm so horrible!" I threw my pillow at the wall. He looked at me and ran his hand through my hair. "What happened?" "That girl that was with me earlier was my roommate Adrian. I scared her because I was angry, not knowing that her sister was killed like you guys!" Ennard sat down on the bed with me and hugged me. "It's okay." "No, it's not! I killed my friend when I was an animatronic. I didn't think I would kill my friendship with the one person that understood me!"
Ennard let me go so I could change my clothes. "That's it. I can't fix this or take it. I'm living here from now on." "Wait, what?" Ennard grabbed my shoulders, "You're living here?"
"Yes, I am," I said, "I'm going for missing. Then, no one will have to get hurt. I'll go back home and stay for a while, yeah, but I'm staying here."