Chapter Twenty-Three: Broken Glass

I woke up and found Ennard pacing back and forth around the room. I yawned and he glanced over at me. "Oh, you're up." Ennard kissed my forehead. "What are you doing?" I rubbed my eyes.
Ennard watched me as I put my bowl in the sink. "I feel like I wanna go back and rip out that fox's circuits!!" "NO. We're not doin' that," I said, getting angry about Lolbit. My hand began to shake. (My hands shake a bit when I'm angry.) I let go of the sink, went to the bathroom, and locked the door.

'Hello, Melany. I've mostly been asleep for a while.' James wasn't in the new mirror, but I heard his voice. "Leave... me alone, James...!" 'But you said it yourself. Lolbit made you angry, and you certainly get angrier faster when "things" happen, right?' My hands began to ache from the shaking until a sharp pain rang into my finger. "Ouch! What the fuck was that?!" "Melany? Are you okay in there?" Ennard was up against the door. "I-I'm fine!" I hollered back.
'You need to get rid of him, Mel!!' I looked at my finger and found a piece of glass, but this mirror wasn't broken. "Did I leave some glass here?" 'No, I did.' Four more glass shards cut into my left shoulder and I screamed bloody murder. Ennard was hitting the door and vigorously turning the doorknob. "Melany, I don't know what you're doing, but you've been in there too long! What are you doing?!" "I'm not hurting him!!" I screamed at James. 'Oh, but there's more where that came from.'

I turned around and saw what seemed like a thousand little pieces of glass coming at me. I unlocked the bathroom door and burst into Ennard, knocking us both down. The shards landed on my wall, spelling my name. "Melany!" Ennard shouted, helping me to my knees. He stared at the glass with a shocked/worried look. "Just pull 'em out," I said, putting part of my shirt in my mouth.
James' laughter rang throughout the room. Ennard bandaged up my finger and shoulder. "JAMES!!!" he roared, "I don't know what the hell you want, but you're getting on my nerves!!!" James' laughing ceased and Ennard put me in the pink chair with a pillow and blanket. He got in the bed and began pulling out the glass. "Let me help you," I said, half-asleep. "No," Ennard growled, "This has gone too damn far."