Chapter Twenty-One: Playin' with My Emotions

I opened the door to the apartment and threw myself on the couch. Adrian came into the living room and smiled at me. "Hey, Mel! I didn't even hear you come in." All I did was look at her and cry.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Dude! Melany, what's wrong?!" Adrian wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight. I wanted to tell her everything that happened at the pizzeria, but... but I couldn't. If I did, she'd freak. Adrian wasn't anxious this time...
It was me.
"I-I'm okay, it's just... I can't talk to you about it until you're ready." "Ready for what, sweetie?" Adrian let me go so I could talk. "Never mind, I'm going to sleep." I went upstairs and closed my door. Sitting at the door, I silently cried about Ennard and the whole Scooper thing. I looked down and saw the picture of me and Ennard that he drew. I smile a little bit and sniffled. "Heh, I'll be fine. It'll be okay," I told myself.
I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. "Uh, Melany? Are you pregnant?" I opened the door and made a "boi" face at her. "Yeah, and the baby's a boy and I'll name him Suga Foot," I sarcastically stated. "I'm sorry, it's just that you said that you couldn't tell me about what happened, cuz I'm not ready." Adrian gave me another hug and took me downstairs for some dinner.
I watched some TV until I went to bed early. It was only 6:58, but Adrian would let me know when it was 8:30 so I could get ready to go shopping with her. I stared at the picture and began to sing.
"1,2,3,
My heart starts beating,
My room stays quiet, but inside, I'm screaming,
Do I feel love? I don't have a clue,
Will you love me,
Cause I love, I love you.
Whoa, whoa, oh, oh, oh,
Yeah, I love you.
Whoa, whoa, oh, oh, oh,
Yeah, I love you."

I closed my eyes and fell asleep with the picture on my chest.
"Why do you play with my emotions...?" I mumbled in my sleep.