Chapter Four: My Friends are Your Friends

Ennard sat me down at a table in front of the stage. I saw Freddy, Foxy, Ballora, and Baby. He gurgled, and everyone came alive. Ballora spun over to me and opened her faceplates. I immediately jumped and hid behind Ennard. He gurgled again, and Ballora understood. "I'm very sorry, dear. I thought you'd be a threat to us. Most humans are so rude. I didn't try to get to know you first."
Ennard cooed me with a sweet little gurgle. I came out, still shivering. "I'm Melany Adams. I'm the nightshift worker. Please don't hurt me!" Ballora hugged me and I cried. This night was full of things popping out at me, and I couldn't hold it back. Funtime Freddy came over to Ballora with Bon-Bon, who was asleep on his right hand. "Aw, why is she crying, Ballora?" He knelt down and watched me cry. Ballora let me go so Freddy could see me. "She's just scared. It's her first night here, Freddy. Melany, this is Funtime Freddy." I shook his left hand and smiled. "I'm a left hander too," I said, laughing at his jokes. Foxy came and sat down next to me. "I'm Funtime Foxy. If you want to, you can call me "they" when using pronouns. I don't mind." After meeting everyone else, Ennard and I waved goodbye and headed to the kitchen. Baby was in there. "Oh, I didn't know that you'd be coming here so early, Melany!" She put down the knife and walked towards me with a sandwich. It looked too good to eat! "Thanks, Baby! How did you know that I liked tomato, avocado, and bacon sandwiches?" She sat down at the dining room table with Ennard and I. "It said so on your resume, silly! What a sweet girl you are, Melany. You're not afraid of us." I gulped down and began to speak. "I was stuffed in a suit before. When William was on the verge of dying, I asked Puppet, who was my brother, if I could be brought back to life."
Baby and Ennard exchanged glances, then stared at me, while my cheeks were full of sandwich. "What? Oh, oops, sorry. This happened at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. I was 14 then. I'm 22 now, if you were wondering." Baby blew a breath of relief. "WHEW! Thanks for explaining, Mel! I was SO confused!" We both laughed and Ennard growled. Someone was obviously mad they weren't getting any attention at the moment. "Sorry, Ennard. Did you want to say something?" I asked, wiping some tomato juice from my lip. Ennard gurgled and clicked at Baby. "He said that he wanted to go back to your room, Melany." "Awww,❤" I said, throwing away my trash when I got done with the sandwich. "Is someone tired?"
Ennard blushed and looked away. Baby gasped. "Ennard!" She giggled and looked over at me. I was dazed and confused. "What is it?" "Oh, nothing," said Baby as she glanced at the wall. She got up and headed to bed. "Good night, you two!" she yelled back.

Time Skip~

Ennard and I were back in my room. I decided that I would take a shower and hop into my sleep clothes. Ennard was looking through a book and accidentally ripped out a page. He looked at me and whimpered. "Tales of the Android System History," I read the title of it while I was in my bathrobe, "This doesn't seem so interesting, Ennard. You can keep ripping this up, as long as you don't mess with anything else, okay?" Ennard smiled and just kept on rippin'.
I went to the bathroom and sat my clothes on the top of the toilet. I turned on the water in the tub and washed my hair. I began to sing, forgetting that Ennard was in the room. After all the pages of the book were out, he stood up and headed to the bathroom. He listened to my song and sat down by the shower curtain.
When I was done, I pulled back the curtain, jumped at the sight of Ennard, and screamed, "ENNARD, GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Ennard jumped up and headed to the bed. I quickly realized that I scared him, and I dried off and slipped into my clothes. Ennard was on the bed: one leg up towards his chest, and the other stretched out on the bed. I sat down beside him. "Ennard, it's alright, sweetie. You didn't know that I was in the bathroom. Everything is okay." He put his head on my lap and purred. I stroked his head. We stayed like this for a bit until I got my sketchbook and began to draw. Ennard, who was on the verge of falling asleep, sat up and poked my left leg. (I'm a left hander, so Ennard was on my left side. 😉) I stopped drawing and watched him as he carefully moved his hand up my arm and towards my chest. I was only wearing shorts and a tank top.
He poked one of my breasts. (...😶)
I smacked his hand and waved my finger. He let out a little snarl and looked at me. "We don't touch things that aren't supposed to be touched. I don't even touch stuff that I'm not supposed to." He yawned at me and smiled. "Well, I guess we'll get ready for bed, Ennard," I said as I put my sketchbook in the drawer. I laid down beside him, close to the wall. Ennard stared at me and smiled. I laid down on his chest. "You like my song, don't you?" He made that whirring sound and purred again. I began to sing.
"1,2,3,
Her heart starts beating,
the room stays quiet, but inside I'm screaming,
Do I feel love? I don't have a clue,
Will you love me, cause I love, I love you.
Whoa, whoa, oh oh oh,
Yeah, I love you.
Whoa, whoa, oh oh oh,
Yeah, I love you."
I glanced at Ennard and saw that he was asleep. "Good night, Ennard," I said as I hugged him and closed my eyes.
We both slept peacefully, but the dream I had was a nightmare.