Chapter Twenty-Six: Surprises

When I was done with my shower, I checked the clock. 11:40. "Why's time going so slow?" I breathed as I fell back on the bed. Many things kept running in and out of my head.
'Should I tell her about what's been happening at work? I don't wanna freak her out, but... oh, Adrian, you're so hard to tell stuff to!'

I threw on my work clothes and went downstairs. Adrian was asleep with the TV on again. I left a note saying that I was leaving for work. I drove up to the building and went to the Funtime Auditorium, still thinking about Ennard. 'PLEASE say that Lolbit and Yenndo found the materials to make him a new voice box...!' I shoved the thought outta my mind and spied Ennard at a table. He was holding a little box in his hand, and the other animatronics were shut off. "Hey, Ennard," I said, sitting by him and giving him a hug. "H-hey, Melany." I nearly died. "Oh my God, you're voice is back!" I wrapped my arms around Ennard. He looked confused for a bit, but he blushed and held me.
"Um..." he began, "Melany, I wanted to ask you... would you care to wear this ring?" Ennard opened the box that housed an emerald and gold ring. "Wow," I gasped, "Ennard, I'm sorry, but... but I can't marry you..." "That's not what I meant...!" He was getting heated, but calmed his self down.

Ennard blew a little breath. "What I was gonna say, was that I wanted to know if you'd... I don't know... like... to... date... me...?" My eyes went wide open. "Y-you don't have to if you don't want to, Melany!" He quickly shook his hands in front of me. I glanced down, but then I looked at Ennard and blushed. "I would love to date you!"
Then I heard the animatronics shout and cheer. They were up the whole time! They were listening to the conversation! Lolbit and Baby came over to me and Ennard hugged me tight. "We have two other surprises for you, darling!"❤Lolbit said, clapping their hands. Baby said, "I want you two to come with me and Lolbit to the Control Module, please."
Ennard let me go and sat me on his back. We headed to the Control Module for the next surprise. "I'm so excited!" I whispered to Ennard. "I am, too, Mel," he laughed. When we got there, Baby closed the door. "Okay, darlings," Lolbit said, "Close your eyes..." Me and Ennard did as we were told, and felt something soft in our hands.

"You can open them up now!" Yenndo shouted. We were holding two of the cutest little plushies ever: I had the Ennard plush, but he was wearing a night guard hat. His tag read "Mennard". Ennard  blushed at his plush that resembled me. I was sporting his party hat. That tag read "Elany".
"They're so cute!!" I squealed. Ennard blushed hard and laughed. Wrapping his arms around me, he thanked the animatronics and we went to my room. When we got there, I checked the clock again. 3:15 in the morning. Ennard flopped on the bed and snored loudly. "Dang," I chuckled, "Someone's been up all night, huh?" He was still holding on to the Elany plush. I picked her up and set her by Mennard on the dresser. I was starting to feel sleepy, so I changed my clothes and slipped into bed with him.
That was when I heard a sucking sound. (⊙_⊙) Ennard was turned my way, and I saw him...

sucking his thumb.

I was so surprised. 'Duuude...' I thought, 'Whaaaaat...!' It was actually pretty cute. He kept on making worry faces in his sleep, so I laid down on his chest and patted his hand. "Don't worry, I'm right here, sweetie. It's okay." I heard him say "I love you too, Melany" in his sleep. Relaxed and happy, I fell asleep on my Ennard.💗

I did wonder about one thing in my head, though:
'What could Ennard be dreaming about to make him suck his thumb and be worried?'