T H I R T E E N

"What are you going to do?" Raya asked her Father the next day, he had said for them to sleep but she couldn't from what it looks like, neither could Ned.

       "I'll confront the Queen," Ned answered.

        "What!?" She asked as if he was the stupidest man that ever lived, "you can't! If you do that she'll know we're onto her, we have the upper hand, we'll take her and her children by surprise!" Raya urged.

       "And let them be killed by Robert?" Ned asked turning to her, "I know the King, he will kill them out of anger! I will not have their blood on my hands."

       Raya's brows furrowed, this is war, he doesn't understand. The Lannisters would gladly kill all the Starks, even the children, and have their blood on their hands because they don't care. They must act the same to win.

       "Then let me have it on my hands," Raya said making him look at her, "I will tell King Robert and bring the proof, I'll have you back me up, but it would be me who told him not you, Father." 

       Ned sighed as looked down before placing his gaze on her again, "Raya, you don't understand, I can tell can't. The Targaryen children were killed for the same reason... The girl who was your sister's age and a baby boy; slaughtered. I will not have Princes Mycella and Prince Tommen killed for these actions." He told her.

      Raya looked down, he was right, she knew was... "Father, I..." she shook her head, "if she decides to get rid of you before you can tell Robert... I can't handle that, I cannot do this without you," she said with tears stinging her eyes.

       "Sweet girl," Ned sat down as he made her sit, he put his arm around her lovingly, "you have a kind heart, I know you do. But you are also strong and you have Wolf's Blood, you have the wildness of a wolf. My brother Brandon had it, Lyanna had a touch of it, we got it from our Father as some of your siblings got it from me. Like Arya, she has a bit more than a touch, so does Robb and Jon. But I can see more in you. That wildness brought Brandon and Lyanna quick graves, I do not want you to follow the same path."

      "I don't want to die," Raya admitted and she saw something on her Father's face, "what's wrong?"

      "Nothing... It's just... Lyanna said that right before..." He trailed off and Raya nodded understanding, "I want you to be smart, smarter than me and your mother. It will be the only way you'll survive the great war. I told you we have come to a dangerous place, and in the Winter, we must protect ourselves. No being lone wolves..."

      "How do we do that if we're all split up?" Raya asked tilting her head.

       "We'll figure it out, but I need you to listen to me, to really listen to me," his serious tone made Raya look at him, "when snow falls and white winds blow, the Lone Wolf dies but the Pack survives." He told her as he looked at her, "Winter Is Coming, Raya, you know this but before that danger arrives we will go through war, and you must treat it the same. Say it with me." He ordered.

       "Winter Is Coming," Raya repeated.

        Ned nodded as he spoke the words again:

"Winter Is Coming."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        Later that day, Raya sat with her Father, he told her that he can take care of himself but she just won't listen. Raya stared at him with worry as she noticed him rubbing his leg with a hurt expression. When, Raven nudged Raya's leg making her look and saw Queen Cersei walking over, seeing her made her think about what they found out.