T W E N T Y T H R E E

Raya sat in her tent with her mother who was sitting their writing something, Raya was unsure of what to do, she could get some rest before they had to meet with Renly but at the same time she was afraid of sleeping in fear of seeing someone die.

     "You should get some rest," Catelyn spoke up finally.

     "I'm not tired," Raya lied, she hardly hasn't slept since Ace's death only a few hours every night.

     "Raya Stark," Catelyn said in a stern tone, "I'm your mother, I can tell when your lying. Why aren't you sleeping?"

     Raya looked down at her hands unsure how to tell her the truth, "I don't want to talk about it."

     "Raya," Catelyn said in a hushed tone, "I know that you and your father was close, closer than me and you, but you have to trust me, I am your mother."

      "I can't sleep alright?!" Raya suddenly snapped at her making Catelyn look at her in shock, "I'm sorry but its the truth. Everytime I sleep I have the fear of seeing someone's death. I saw Father's death, I saw Ace's... What if I sleep and I see someone else's? Will not have that guilt on me!"

     Catelyn stood up and walked over to her daughter, "they are just dreams, Raya, you must trust me on this," Catelyn told her and Raya just shook her head looking down tears threatening to fall, Catelyn pulled her emotional daughter into a hug, "I love you, your my daughter, my firstborn daughter. People die, its the way of life, it's not your fault."

     "What if it is?" Raya asked.

     Catelyn shook her head lifting her daughter's chin to make her look at her, "it's not your fault, death is inevitable and you have no choice in the matter, one day we will all die. I will die, Robb will die, its how life works. Its how Death works."

     "I'm sorry, Mother, I shouldn't be so hasty with these things," Raya apologized.

     "It's not your fault, you are still just a kid, after all, both you and your brother are only 18-years-old. You're young, too young for this harsh world," Catelyn kissed her daughter's forehead, "I love you, Raya, don't ever forget that."

     "Never," Raya smiled slightly at her mother and Catelyn smiled back before sitting back down, Raya's smile disappeared and sighed looking at her hands and whispered the familiar saying: "never"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     Raya sat next to her mother across from Renly, they were talking about peace being made as Brienne stood watch as she was about of the Kingsguard.

     "You swear it?" Renly asked after Catelyn told him Robb had no need for the Iron Throne but now he was looking at Raya.

     "By the Old Gods and the New, I swear that my Twin Brother; Robb Stark, the King In The North has no interest in the Iron Throne and neither do I," Raya swore, "all we want is for the North to be free from the ties of the South."

     Renly took a drink from his wine, thinking of what Raya had said, then he set it down, "then I see no reason for hostility between us, your brother and you both can continue calling yourselves the Rulers of the North, the Starks can have all dominion over all lands North of Moat Catelyn. Provided you and him both swear me an oath of fealty."

     "The wording of this oath?" Catelyn asked.

      "The same one Ned Stark swore Robert 18 years ago," Renly answered.

     "You want us to call you King?" Raya asked making Renly look at her, "I told you, the North will not bow to anyone unless they are a Stark. To swear you that fealty would give ties to the North again. I cannot allow that for my people."

     "I never meant for that," Renly shook his head, "you will be Queen In The North with your Brother, just as long as we are allies in this. Loyal to eachother, if one calls, the other comes. Swear me that Oath and Stark and Baratheon will fight their common enemy together."

     Renly stood up and Brienne started to help him take off his armor.

     "Our two houses have always been close, which is why I am begging you to reconsider this battle," Catelyn told him standing up, "negotiate a peace with your brother."

      "Negotiate with Stannis?" Renly asked sounding like the idea was absurd, "you heard him out there, you'd have better luck negotiating with the wind."

      Raya stood up and walked over to him, "are you sure you want to pursue this battle? I agree that Stannis is hard to negotiate with but there is a chance you could do something more reasonable..."

      "Raya," Renly looked at her, "trust me when I say that Stannis can't be negotiated with, we can do fine on our own, I promise you that."

     Raya sighed, feeling maybe she can trust him, she nodded and he smiled at her before looking back at his mirror. Raya had a weird feeling rush over her. That was when a shadow came in through the tent and came up behind Renly, Raya gasped as suddenly the shadow stabbed Renly through the chest!

      "Renly!" Raya yelled as she pulled her sword and went to attack the shadow when it threw her at the other mirror and she hit it hard and fell to the ground holding her side in pain!

     The Shadow came towards her again when Brienne grabbed a torch and put it in the Shadow and the Shadow disappeared...

     Catelyn helped her daughter up and Raya looked at Renly who fell to the ground and he went limp, Raya felt the grief go through her and she saw her past with him. Short but she felt like he was a good friend in the end... She closed her eyes looking down sadly when suddenly soldiers came into the tent!

     The Soldiers went to kill Brienne thinking she had done this to Renly but she was better than them and she cut them down easily. Catelyn and Raya could only watch when Brienne cried over Renly's dead body...

     Catelyn walked over to Brienne, "we've got to leave! They'll hang you for this!"

     Raya came over to the female knight and put a hand on her shoulder, "please, you shouldn't die for this. You live on so you can get your revenge!"

      Brienne finally looked at Raya, "I won't leave him," she said sternly, Raya saw the sadness in her eyes, Brienne loved Renly, she could see it.

     "You can't avenge him if you are dead! Trust me, I know this pain, find light in it by knowing the person responsible you will kill for this!" Raya told her.

     As Catelyn tried to go out the normal outing, Brienne stopped her, "not that way!" She stood up and showed another outing, Catelyn went out first, Raya followed she stopped for a second and looked down at Renly's body... She didn't see his death in a dream, what did that mean? She shook her head and left as well...