F O U R T E E N

Raya walked with her Father through the halls towards his study once he's there, she needs to talk to him. She has an idea, he probably won't like it but it needs to be done.

        Once they were to the doors, they saw Lord Renly waiting for Ned.

        "Lord Stark," Renly came towards them, "Lady Raya," he greeted her and she nodded her head before he placed his eyes back on Ned, "a moment? Alone if you will."

         Ned looked at his men and nodded, they left Ned and Raya with Renly.

         "He named you Protector of the Realm?" Renly asked trying to see if his information was right.

         "He did," Ned nodded.

         "She won't care, give me an hour and I will put a hundred swords at your command." Renly told him.

        "And what should I do with a hundred swords?" Ned asked.

         "Strike," Renly said making Raya raise a brow, she did think it was a good idea, "tonight while the castle sleeps, we must get Joffrey away from his mother and into our Custody. Protector of the Realm will know that he who holds the King holds the Kingdom."

         "He's right," Raya spoke up making Ned look at her, "every moment you delay gives Cersei time to prepare. We have to outwit her, play the Game as she would."

         "By the time Robert dies will be too late for three of us," Renly nodded.

          "What about Stannis?" Ned asked.

          Raya shook her head at the thought of Stannis Baratheon being King. She's heard rumors of him, recent rumors, that he has taken the Fire God as his religion and that Fire God does not have Mercy. The Seven Kingdoms does not need that but he is the rightful heir...

         "Saving the Seven Kingdoms from Cersei and delivering them to Stannis?" Renly scoffed, "you'd have up notions about protecting the realm."

           "Stannis is your older brother," Raya said confused on what to do.

           "This isn't about the bloody line of succession, that didn't matter when you rebelled against the Mad King, it shouldn't matter now. What's best for the Kingdoms? What's best for the people we rule? We all know what Stannis is, he inspires no love, no loyalty. He's not a King," Renly raised his head, "I am."

         Both Ned and Raya looked at him in shock, neither of them expected that. Actually, Raya thought this conversation was going for her Father to be King...

          "Stannis is a commander, he's led men into war, twice. He destroyed the Greyjoy fleet-" Ned was cut off.

         "Yes, he's a good soldier, everyone knows that, so was Robert." Renly noticed the unsure looks on Ned and Raya's faces, "tell me something, the both of you, do you still believe good soldiers make good Kings?" he asked.

          "What about a someone who inspires love, loyalty, AND is a good soldier?" Raya asked him back.

          Renly looked at her, "Stannis is not that person," he said.

         "I'm not talking about him," she responded.

          Renly was confused and so was Ned, but only one of them got what she meant; Renly. He figured it out and looked at Ned before looking at her.

       "Seriously?" Renly asked, "that's a horrible idea!"

        "Only because you want to be King," Raya shot at him.