T H I R T Y T H R E E

Chapter Thirty Three : Death Of Loyalty

     Raya sat in the Maester's quarters where Jamie was being looked at, he was unconscious, she asked if that was bad but Qyburn; the Maester here who seems to not have his chains which is worrisome, to be honest, but not the point, he said its normal as he gave him milk of the poppy because he seemed agitated.

      Jamie Lannisters was agitated, very much so, after what he told her... Raya didn't know what to think, she couldn't imagine being hated on for years on years for saving an entire city from burning alive... It was eating at her, the guilt, believe it or not, she never once wanted to know the other side of the story and now she regrets that.

       "My Lady," the Stark girl turned her head to see Roose Bolton standing there.

       Raya just glanced at the ground, "My Lord."

       "Shouldn't you be resting?" He asked glancing towards the bed where the Kingslayer laid, he couldn't help but resent how stupid she was for being someone he actually wanted to believe in, she just shrugged in response, "you care about him."

        He didn't say that as a question but a fact, she just looked down feeling guilty, "I don't know..."

       "Yes you do," he crossed his arms, "love is the death of duty, duty is the death of love," he told her, "you have to make the choice yourself."

       Raya looked at him confused on his words, "are you saying I love him?" he didn't answer, he just gave her a look, she shook her head, "my duty is to my family, my sisters who are in Kingslanding, that is my mission and it won't be clouded."

      "Good to hear it," Roose said as if he didn't believe her.

      She wasn't sure on her own words either, her emotions have been all over the place lately, love is the death of duty.

      Raya glanced towards Roose as he turned to leave, she had one last thing to say, "what about death of loyalty?" he stopped in his tracks, "what is the death of loyalty?"

      Roose just looked at her sending her a smirk not saying a word as he continued out the door.

      Raya just shook her head, unsure on what she thinks of Roose Bolton, he was loyal once to her but now... Something is wrong.

      "Boltons are treasonous cunts," Jamie's weak voice made her look over, he slowly sat up on the bed, he didn't say another word and she really didn't know what to say especially after what he told her in the baths...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      Finally, they were reunited with Brienne who was forced to wear a dress, Raya had a nicer luxury if they had made her wear a dress she would have punched them in their face. So she got her outfit again, just clean now.