T W E N T Y E I G H T

Raya stepped out of the bushes, as she looked over her shoulder she watched Brienne push Jamie Lannister out before stepping out herself.

     "Do you know how long it's going to take us to get to Kingslanding going through fields and forests?" And again he started talking.

     "Yes," Brienne answered sounding like she just wanted him to stop talking.

     "So how should we pass the time?" he asked.

     Raya started to walk and they followed suit, "by putting one foot in front of the other," Raya said.

     "Well, it's gonna be a very dull walk," Jamie groaned.

     "We're here to take you to Kingslanding and help Raya bring back Lady Stark's daughters in exchange," Brienne told him, "dull is fine."

     "You know it doesn't matter how loyal a servant you are, no one enjoys a humorless mute," Jamie told her, "trust me on this, people have been serving me since I was born. Do you think Lady Stark is going to want a giant towheaded plack following her around for the rest of her life?" he continued on and on, "weeks of a journey with you and she would order you to fall on your sword."

     "Take it from me as Catlin Stark's eldest daughter, she wouldn't," Raya reassured her as she hit Jamie on the back of the head, "if she is unhappy with your service, she would let you know, my mother is an honest woman."

     Jamie continued walking and mumbled under his breath, "for all the good it's done her."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     They walked for thirty minutes in silence, Raya believed that the Kingslayer was finally going to be quiet when he started to talk again.

     "How did you come into Lady Stark's service, that's something we could talk about," Jamie asked looking at Brienne.

     "Not your concern, Kingslayer," Brienne refused.

     "Had to be recently, you weren't with her at Winterfell," he said simply.

     "How do you know?" she asked glancing at Raya who was being silent.

     "Because I visited Winterfell, I would have noticed your dour head smacking into the archways," he told her.

     As they continued to walk, Jamie continued to talk.

     "Were you pledged to Stannis?" Jamie guessed.

     "Gods, no," Brienne snapped at him.

     "Ah, Renly," Jamie figured out then his face contorted in confusion, "really? He wasn't fit to rule anything more important than a Twelve Course Meal."

     "Shut your mouth," Raya hissed not liking how he spoke of Renly, she may not have served him as King but he was a friend.

      Jamie glanced at her, "so you too, eh? Did the Wolf Girl find a friend in the Stag Boy? Or maybe was it something more?" then he shook his head, "no, most likely not, since he swung for the other gender."

     "Stop talking!" Brienne hissed.

     "Why? I lived with him when we were in court, as I'm pretty sure Raya knows, could hardly escape the little tulip. Skipping down the corridors in his embroidered silks, I knew him far better than the either of you," Jamie said.

     Brienne didn't like that, "I knew him as well as anyone, as a member of his Kingsguard, he trusted me with everything, he would have been a wonderful King."