T W E N T Y T W O

Raya sat on her horse next to her Mother, they with Renly's company, to meet Stannis Baratheon. As they rode up, Raya noticed the Banner it was a Stag as the tradition but it was on fire whilst Renly's banner was a Stag with a blue background...

     Stannis Baratheon was a stern looking man, he had the Baratheon looks; the black hair and the gruff look. Something about Stannis made her wonder. Then she noticed the woman next to her who wore red, the woman gave her shivers down her back...

     "Lady Stark, I not thought to find you in the Stormlands," Stannis spoke first and to her mother of all people.

     "I had not thought to be here, Lord Stannis, but my son had me accompany my daughter who was sent as an envoy," Catelyn said.

     Stannis slowly looked at the people with his brother, he gave a slightly longer glance at Raya but then looked at his brother again when Renly spoke.

     "Can that truly be you?" Renly asked.

     "Who else might it be?" Stannis asked back.

     Renly tilted his head, "when I saw your standard I couldn't be sure, who's Banner is that?" he asked looking at the Banner with his brother.

     "My own," Stannis answered.

     "I suppose if we used the same Banner, the battle would be terribly confusing," Renly said half-heartedly, "why is your Stag on fire?"

     This made the Red woman speak up, "the King has taken his sigil the firery heart of the Lord Of Light."

     The Lord Of Light... Raya had heard of the new religion but of course, didn't care much for it being a believer of the Old Gods.

     "Ah, you must be this Fire Priestess we hear so much about," Renly glanced over his shoulder at Raya before looking back at his brother, "brother, now I understand why you've found religion in your old age."

     "Watch yourself, Renly!" Stannis scolded.

     "No, no, I'm relieved," Renly shook his head, "I never really believed you were a fanatic. Charmless, Rigid, a bore, yes. But not a godly man."

     "You should kneel before your brother, he's the Lord's chosen," the Red Woman spoke looking at Stannis, "born amidst Salt and Smoke."

      "Born amidst Salt and Smoke," Renly repeated her words, "is he a ham?"

     It took a lot not to snicker at Renly's words of Stannis but of course, Raya kept her composure.

     "That's twice I've warned you," Stannis hissed.

     This is when Catelyn spoke up, "listen to yourselves, if you were sons of mine, I would knock your heads together and lock you in a bedchamber until you remembered you were brothers." 

     It is kinda ironic that she actually did that to Raya and Robb once when Robb broke one of Raya's arrows and she tried to hit him with her bow.

     "It is strange to find you beside my brother, Lady Stark, your husband was a supporter of my claim," Stannis shot back, "Lord Eddard's integrity cost him his head, and you sit beside this pretender and chastise me."

     Raya didn't like that but she knew she had to be smart to decide to choose her words carefully, "my mother meant no harm, My Lord, we are here as guests, we do not call him King neither you as you are not our King."

     Stannis looked at her unsure of what to say before saying, "what is your name?"

     "Raya Stark," Raya answered.

     "Raya Stark," he spoke her name clearly, "anyone who calls themselves Kings are pretenders, even your brother."

     "I don't care who wants the Iron Throne," Raya shot back, "I am of the North, and the North will not bow to anyone who does not have Stark blood. I am Raya Stark and I am the Queen In the North if you want to argue with my claim go ahead but I would suggest you try to make allies because, Lord Stannis, Winter Is Coming."

     Renly smiled at her as he liked the fact that she had made Stannis Baratheon speechless for just a second before he began again.

     "The Iron Throne is mine, by right, all those who deny that are my foes," Stannis hissed.

     "All of the Realm denies it, from Dorne to the Wall, old men deny it with their death rattle and unborn children deny it in their mother's wombs," Renly spoke out, "no one wants you for their King, you never wanted any friends, brother. But a man without friends, is a man without power."

     "For the sake of the Mother who bore us, I will give you this one night to reconsider," Stannis told him, "strike your Banners, come to me before Dawn and I will grant you your old seat in the Council, I'll even name you, my Heir until a son is born to me otherwise I shall destroy you."

     Renly smiled again, "look across those fields, brother, can you see all those Banners?" he asked.

     "You think a few bolts of cloth will make you King?" Stannis asked.

     "No," Renly looked back at him, "the men holding those bolts of cloth will make me King."

     "We shall see, Renly, come the Dawn, we shall see," and with that Stannis started to leave.

     The Red Woman gave one final look to Renly, "look to your sins, Lord Renly, the night is Dark and full of Terrors."

     The Red Woman looked from Renly to Raya, this gave Raya a really bad feeling before she rode off... Raya gulped looking at Renly who seemed unsettled as well.

     "Can you believe I loved him once?" Renly asked before riding off as well, soon his company joined him and so did Raya...

----------------

Sorry for a short chapter! 

I'll try to make the next one longer! 

Love you guys, 

BUH-BYE