T W E N T Y F O U R

Raya tied her horse to the tree, Brienne was tying the other one as well whilst Catelyn looked around.

     "It looked like Stannis," Brienne spoke up about the Shadow that killed Renly once again.

     "To me, it just looked like," Catelyn thought for a second before turning to them, "a shadow in a shape of a man."

      Raya decided to speak up, remembering the Shadow hitting her into a mirror, she did get a close glimpse, "it did look like Stannis, when it hit me, I saw the face."

     "We should reach my son's camp tomorrow," Catelyn announced walking over to her horse.

     "Will you stay there long, My Lady?" Brienne asked.

     "Only long enough to tell Robb what I have seen, after that, I will leave for Winterfell," Catelyn answered, Raya looked at her, she wanted to go home as well but with Robb wanting her to be Queen she couldn't possibly leave. 

     "And you?" Brienne asked, "will you stay and fight or go home?"

     "As much as I want to go home, I have a job to do, to help rule with my brother and even if I went home, I don't feel like a Lady anymore," Raya answered honestly.

     Brienne nodded at Raya's answer, Raya looked at her mother and Catelyn sighed, "I want to stay with you and Robb but Bran and Rickon..." Catelyn glanced at Brienne who seemed confused, "my two youngest need me, I've been away from them for too long."

     "I never knew my mother," Brienne said solemnly.

     "I'm sorry," Catelyn apologized, "my own mother died in the birthing bed when I was very young."

     Catelyn sat down by the fire, Raya had a blanket on her horse, she grabbed it and laid it down by the fire, she decided to get some sleep.

      "It's a bloody business," Brienne spoke.

     "What comes after is even harder, my first borns were twins, my son Robb and Raya," Catelyn told her glancing at Raya as she spoke, "children are handful enough but twins, gods, they are hard to take care of."

     Raya just smiled a bit at that as she took off her bow from her back and set it down along with the Quiver. 

     "Once you are both safe amongst your own people," Brienne spoke up again, "will you give me leave to go, My Lady?"

     "You mean to kill Stannis?" Raya asked already knowing what the female knight wanted.

     "You said it yourself, find light by the fact that I will get my revenge on who killed Renly, and that was Stannis," Brienne answered, "I swore a vow."

     "Stannis has a great army around him," Catelyn spoke up, "his own guards are sworn to keep him safe."

     "I'm as good as any of them," Brienne said.

     "You'll die," Raya cut in, "I know you're a good fighter. You'd probably take out 10 of them before they take you down. But you will die and Stannis will be alive and there will be no reason."

     Brienne looked down, knowing that the Stark girl was right, "I should never have fled."

     "Renly's death was no fault of yours," Catelyn shot down, "you served him greatly."

     "I only held him that once, as he was dying," Brienne confessed, Raya could tell that Brienne loved Renly which made his death even harder for the Female Knight.

     Catelyn stood up and walked over to her, "he's dead, Brienne, you serve nothing and no one by following him into the earth. Renly's enemies are Robb's enemies as well."