T W E N T Y S I X

"We need to be alone with him," Catelyn ordered the guards of the Kingslayer's cage, her daughter and Brienne standing behind her.

      The Guard shook his head, "My Lady, our orders-"

     The Orders he had was from Raya so she stepped up, "your orders which I gave you, my mother and I wish to be alone with him," she told him.

      The Guards left after she said that, when Raya spoke the Kingslayer lifted his head looking at them, Catelyn and Raya stood in the cage, Brienne was standing out of it.

     "Come to say goodbye, Lady Stark?" Jamie Lannister first put his attention on Catelyn, "and you, Raya? I would rather believe that you would be the one to kill me than say goodbye and mourn me," he teased than his eyes set on Brienne, "is that a woman?"

     Brienne stepped inside of the cell, Raya glanced over her shoulder at the woman for a second before continuing to stare at the Kingslayer.

     "Do you hear them out there?" Catelyn asked, "they want your head."

     The Kingslayer let out a huff shrugging like he didn't care, "well, old Lord Karstark doesn't seem to like me," he said simply.

     Raya furrowed her brows looking at the man as if he was insane, he killed Karstark's son, what did he expect?

     "You strangled his son with your chains," Catlin spat.

     "Oh, oh," the Kingslayer pondered as he gave a false expression of sadness, "was he the one on guard duty?" He then sighed, "he was in my way. Any knight would have done the same." 

     Catelyn narrowed her eyes at his words, "you are no knight. You have forsaken every vow you ever took."

     "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King; obey the King; obey your father; protect the innocent; defend the weak," the Kingslayer paused for dramatic effect, "but what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another." He was staring at Brienne again, "Where did you find this beast?"

     Catelyn opened her mouth, but Raya was already speaking, "She is a more faithful knight than you will ever be," Raya snarled like the wolf girl she was, "Kingslayer."

     "Ah, Kingslayer," he said the insult with such venom, "what a King he was. Here's to Aerys Targaryen, the second of his name, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm... And to the sword I shoved in his back."

     Raya felt something, something she hadn't felt before. It wasn't disgust but it also wasn't sympathy. He killed Aerys Targaryen, the man who burned people alive... He deserved to die, yes, but that doesn't excuse Jamie Lannister of everything else he had done in his life.

     Catelyn shook her head, "you are a man without honor." 

     The Kingslayer glanced at the dirt staining his boots, thinking of a comeback but finally, he spoke again, "do you know... I've never been with any woman but Cersei? So, in my own way... I have more honor than poor, old, dead Ned," his lips tugged into a smirk, "what was the name of that bastard he fathered?"

      "Brienne."

     "No, that wasn't it," the Lannister said, regarding Catelyn's call, "Snow, a bastard from the North."

     Raya felt anger, how dare he talk about her father like that? He had more honor than any man she has ever known and Jon... Jon is just like her father. He is probably just as honorable.