Make A Wish: Part 2

The sudden appearance of this woman freaked me out a little, although it was probably just my imagination.

She walks up to me, studying me closely. A little too closely.

"Ah, yes. I've been waiting for you, Selina." Madam Astrid says.

How the hell did this woman know my name? I start to think this is getting a little too creepy for my liking.

"How do you know my name? And what do you mean you've been waiting for me?" I ask suspiciously. This old lady is probably just chenille, I thought.

She lets out a small chuckle. "Come,

my dear. All will be revealed soon enough." She says gesturing for me to follow her.

Should I listen to her?

Eh, why not. It's not like I have anything more important to do.

So she leads me to the very back of the shop, and into a small dark room. She turns on a dim light and starts looking through the stuff in here.

"Here it is!" She exclaims pulling out a small rectangular box. "Be very, very careful with this, dear." She says handing me the box.

I take it and hesitate to open it up. Who knows what kind of creepy artifact is in here! And it looks like it hasn't been touched in over a hundred years! But the strangest thing about it is what is written on the box.

Selina

My name is on the freaking box.

Could she have just written it on here? By the looks of it the name has been there long before I was even born.

Ok now I'm really starting to freak out.

Maybe I should have just sat holding Kaitlin's cotton candy...

After about five minutes of just staring at the thing, I slowly open it.

Here goes nothing...

It's a necklace.

More specifically a big blue gem, strung through a slick black ribbon.

"If the gem glows, then you are it's owner." Madame Astrid says.

Did I hear that right or...?

"All this just to sell me a glowing necklace?" I ask laughing. This woman cannot be serious right now.

"It glows for the one who's destined for their dreams." She says seriously.

Oh, so this thing is supposed to make me Bruno Mars' girlfriend? I think sarcastically.

She cannot expect me to believe a necklace is going to make the impossible happen.

I hand it back to her. "Lady, you have some serious mental issues." I say. And people think I'm crazy? At least I don't think there's magical gems that grant wishes!

I start to walk away, but she's a very persistent old woman.

"If it doesn't glow, it's free." She says.

I stop.

I do like free things...

I decide to humor the old lady and prove to her how crazy she really is. I grab the necklace and hold it in my hand.

Nothing.

"You have to put it on." She says.

Of course I do.

I wrap the black ribbon around my neck and tie it, letting the gem rest against my chest.

I stare at it for a second...

Still nothing.

I'm about to start laughing and saying "I told you so!" To the woman. But just then it happens.

The gem glows.