Make A Wish: Part 9

I look over at mark who already saw that Bruno was calling.

"Well...? Answer it!" He says

"I swear to god you better not make a single sound." I threaten giving him the death stare.

"My lips are sealed." He says.

I sigh and answer the phone. "Hey, Bruno!" I say cheerfully as if nothing's wrong.

"Hey, babe. Just wanted to let you know we decided to end our session in the studio a little earlier than expected. So I'll be home soon." Bruno says.

Great.

"That's good. I'm uh not home right now though." I tell him.

"Yeah? Where are you?" He asks.

I think for a second. "Um, just doing a little shopping." I say.

"Well I know how much you like to shop." He chuckles. "Are you by yourself?" He asks

"No actually I'm with Tiara." I say. I know that Jessica and his sister Tiara are like best friends, so she's probably my safest bet.

"Ok. I was gonna come join you but I'll just let you girls have fun. See ya when you get home sweetie." Bruno says.

"Bye, Bruno. Love you." I tell him before hanging up the phone.

I look over at Mark who thankfully stayed quiet like he said he would.

"So are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna get me some ice for this damn ankle that YOU sprained?" I ask bitterly.

He rolls his eyes. "Yes, ma'am." He says sarcastically. He walks over and gets a baggie of ice for me.

In the meantime I try to get off the floor and limp over to the couch. I make plenty of painful grunts on the way. It hurt like a motherfucker and it was starting to swell. As I sit down Mark hands me the ice. I press it against my ankle.

"Look all I know is that I'm done with this so called plan. Bruno is who I love and I'll do everything to keep him. Which means I'm not gonna cheat on him anymore." I say.

"You're making a huge mistake, Jessica." Mark says with an edge in his voice.

"No I think you were my mistake, Mark. Now if you excuse me I have to go home to my boyfriend." I tell him. I try and stand up and forget about my ankle, which screams with pain. I fall back onto the couch. "Fuck!" I yell. There's no way I'm going anywhere in this condition.

Mark just looks a me with no emotion on his face. Not even a little concern. He doesn't care about the fact that I have a sprained ankle, and more importantly that it's his fault.

"I can't go anywhere like this." I say trying to rub away the pain.

"Sounds like a personal problem." He says shrugging his shoulders.

What an ass.

"Why don't you call your BOYFRIEND and have him come get you?" He scoffs.

"Oh yeah that's a great idea. Hey, Bruno can you just come pick me up from my abusive ex affair's house?" I say sarcastically. "I'm never letting Bruno even know of your existence if I can help it." I say crossing my arms.

"Whatever. Like I said it's not my problem." He says.

"Uh, yeah it is. You're the one who shoved me onto the god damn floor!" I yell angrily.

"Fine. You can stay here the night and let your ankle heal. Anything just to get you to shut the hell up." Mark says.

What exactly did Jessica see in this guy again?

I take out my phone and call Bruno again. "Hey, Bru. I just wanted to let you know I decided to stay with Tiara for the night." I say.

"Aww I was looking forward to seeing your gorgeous face tonight." He says sweetly.

Trust me, Bruno. I'd rather go home and be in your strong, tanned, muscular arms tonight. Instead of staying in this hell hole. Is what I wanted to say.

"I'll miss seeing you, too. But it's just for tonight I promise." I say.

"I guess it's alright then. I'll let it slide just this one time." He chuckles.

"Thanks, babe. See you tomorrow." I tell him.

"Bye." Bruno says hanging up the phone.

God the feelings that man gives me. I can't even describe them.

And then there's Mark who just makes me want to rip my hair out.

I make a reminder to myself that if I somehow know what happened to the real Jessica Caban, to slap that bitch. I mean god damn, how can someone be so blind to what they have?

But I guess you really don't know what you have, until it's gone.

Sigh.