Make A Wish: Part 8

"I'll see you later, babe. I'm gonna be in the studio all night working on a new song." Bruno tells me giving me a quick kiss.

"I'll miss you." I say.

"I'll miss you more." He says and then leaves the house.

I glance at my phone and notice I have a text. It's from Mark.

Mark: Don't forget to come over tonight. 5 o clock. See ya then.

I sigh and don't respond to the text. I guess this is my chance to get rid of this guy. I'll just go to his house and tell him it's over, and to never contact me again. Simple as that.

I look at the clock. It's 4:30, so if I leave now I should get there by five. Luckily I looked through my phone and found I had his address.

So I got into Jessica's car and followed the phone GPS all the way to his house. I got out and walked up to the door, and go to knock. But before I can the door flies open. A guy stands there, who I'm assuming is Mark.

He's actually really good looking. Nothing compared to Bruno, but still. I didn't know what I expected.

"Hey, sweet cheeks." He says leaning in to kiss me. I dodge out of the way just as his lips are about to hit mine. He looks at me and smirks. "Ooh, playing hard to get today." He says.

I clear my throat. "Listen, Mark. We need to talk." I say seriously.

"Oh, trust me. We'll be doing plenty of talking tonight." He says checking me out.

"Not that kind of talking." I say rolling my eyes and walking past him into the house.

He closes the door and walks over to me. "Alright...I'm listening." He says.

"I don't think we should do this anymore." I say.

"Do what?" Mark asks looking confused.

"Us, Mark. There can't be a you and me anymore." I say sternly.

His reaction took me by surprise. I thought he would get angry and upset. Instead he bursts out in laughter.

"I can't believe this! You've actually fallen in love with him!" He laughs.

Ok, now it's my turn to be confused.

"Of course I love him! And that's why I'm getting rid of you. So do me a favor, and lose my number. Don't contact me again." I tell him.

"Ha, your hilarious!" He says pretending to wipe a tear from laughing too hard. Then suddenly he grips my wrist painfully and pulls me towards him. "Did you forget about our plan, Jessica?" He says coldly.

"W-what plan?" I stutter trying to get away from his grip. Which only makes him squeeze tighter. I yell out in pain.

"Don't play dumb with me, bitch!" He says throwing me to the ground. As he does my heel breaks and my ankle twists painfully. I scream out again. "The plan to ruin that motherfuckers career!" He yells.

"Why would I want to ruin Bruno's career?!" I whimper holding my ankle.

"Have you lost your damn mind??" He yells. He paces around and breathes heavily. Then he faces me again. He comes and takes my hand gently now, as if he didn't just shove me to the floor. "Because, sweetie... He ruined MY career." He says almost sweetly.

"Bruno wouldn't do something like that." I say ripping my hand from his.

"But he did. Once HE showed up the record label dropped me. Just as my fame was starting to take off. Now he's sittin' pretty making millions while I'm stuck in this dump. With a bitch that can't even remember the reason she's pretending to date someone!" He says.

Everything's finally starting to come together now. Mark wants revenge on Bruno. Jessica's been pretending to love Bruno this whole time. Just to ruin his career.

I look down at my cell phone that starts ringing. I look at the screen to see who's calling.

It's Bruno.