Make A Wish: Part 5

So that night at 6 o clock sharp I was waiting anxiously for Bruno to arrive. Most of the day I spent exploring. Trying to get some idea of who Jessica really is, so that Bruno doesn't get suspicious. I also spent a lot of time looking in the mirror. One because I'm still freaked out about being a complete different person, and two because I've never actually LIKED what I saw in the mirror until now. After all, Jessica Caban is a model. She's flawless.

The sound of my cell phone distracted my thoughts. I got more butterflies as I read who was calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, Jess. I'm in the driveway. Can't wait to see you." Bruno says. My heart literally just did a flip.

I bite my lip. "Coming." I say hanging up the phone. I walk over to the door, and take a deep breath.

Ok, Selina-err-Jessica. This is it. You're about to meet Bruno Mars. No big deal. Just stay calm, and act normal. He can't suspect a thing.

I open the door and walk out, then freeze when I see him. Well I can only see him slightly through the window of the car, but it's still him. The most perfect guy in the world.

And that perfect guy is mine.

Smoothing out my black dress I try to walk gracefully over to the car. Except I'm not used to wearing heels so I probably look like an elephant walking a tightrope.

I reach the car and get in, only to be memorized by the most adorable smile I've ever seen.

"Hey, babe." Bruno says. I almost turn around just to make sure it's me he's talking to. I'm so nervous it's not even funny.

Remember: Just. Stay. Calm.

"Hey, Bruno." I say practically drooling. I seriously hope it's just my imagination and that I'm not actually drooling in front of Bruno Mars.

I see him make a move to kiss me, and I have a mini panic attack. I've never kissed anyone before.

His lips press against mine briefly , and I let out a tiny squeal.

"You alright, Jess?" Bruno asks.

"Fine. Just perfect, actually." I say grinning like an idiot.

BRUNO MARS JUST KISSED ME. OH. MY. GOD.

His eyes break away from mine and down to my dress. He looks a little disappointed. "I thought you said you were gonna where the little black one I love?" He asks.

I look down at the dress. Dammit, why does Jess have to own so many black dresses? It was impossible to know which one Bruno wanted me to wear.

"Oh, um, I was going to but, I couldn't find it." I lie.

"Darn. You know how much that dress turns me on." He smirks.

I feel my face go hot at just imagining Bruno and I... Well you can fill in the blank.

"So you ready for your surprise?" Bruno asks.

"Uh, yeah! Of course." I say smiling.

He starts the car then pulls out of the driveway. The whole ride I couldn't stop staring at every single detail about him. The way he holds the steering wheel, to the sexy way he gets annoyed at other drivers. I especially love when he flips off someone for cutting him.

Finally we pulled into a restaurant parking lot. Of course, a restaurant. I do know how much Bruno loves food. He loves it almost as much as music.

We walk in and he holds my hand, which is probably really sweaty from my nerves. But he doesn't notice.

"I have a reservation for 2. The names Bruno." He says to the hostess.

"Right this way." The hostess says grabbing menus and leading us to an excluded table in the back of the restaurant. There's candles lit, flowers, and everything.

We sit down across from each other and menus are handed to us. "Our specials tonight are the steak dinner and the stuffed mushroom soup. My name is Carly and I'll be your server. Can I get you something to drink?" The waitress asks holding her pen and notepad.

"I'll have just a coke. What do you want, babe?" He asks me.

"Umm...do you have iced tea?" I ask.

"Since when do you like tea?" Bruno asks suspiciously.

Uh oh.

"I love tea, silly." I laugh nervously.

The waitress writes the drink orders down. "I'll be back shortly with your drinks. Please look over the menu and feel free to ask questions if you need." She says and then walks off.

Bruno opens his menu and looks through it. I do the same. The waitress comes back with our drinks.

"Have you decided yet? Any questions I can answer?" She asks.

"No I think I know what I want. Are you ready to order, Jess?" He asks. I nod.

"Ok, um. I'll have the steak dinner. And that comes with potatoes, and soup. Right?" He asks.

"Mhmm." She says writing it down. She looks at me. "And for you?" She asks.

"I'll have...the mushroom soup I guess." I say.

"Are you trying to kill yourself, babe?" Bruno asks.

Oh, great. What did I fuck up now?

"You're allergic to mushrooms!" Bruno says.

"Oh, right. I forgot." I say. I glance down at the menu again. "Then I'll have the chicken Caesar salad. Or am I allergic to that to?" I ask.

"You're good." Bruno says.

The waitress writes it down and then leaves Bruno and I alone.

"So, have you heard anything more about that upcoming photo shoot yet?" Bruno asks trying to make conversation.

"Umm...." Photo shoot?

I jump a little when I hear my phone start to ring. Still not used to this ringtone. I look at the screen and see someone named Mark is calling. Who the hell is Mark?

"Well? Are you going to answer it?" Bruno asks.

"Do you mind?" I ask nervously. He shakes his head so I get up and walk into the ladies room.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey there, sweet thang." Mark says.

"Uh, who are you?" I ask.

"Oh, I get it. He's listening isn't he?" Mark asks.

"What?" I say confused.

"I get it. Just listen. I need my fix so how about you get your fine ass over to my place tomorrow night." Mark says. Followed by me saying nothing. "I'm taking that as an ok. See ya tomorrow Jessica." Then I hear a click as the call ends.

What the hell was that about

Wait a second.

No.

This isn't right.

It can't be right.

Jessica's cheating on Bruno!

Which means.... I'm cheating on Bruno.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

AUTHORS NOTE

So... Five chapters in. Woo hoo!

What do y'all think so far?? If you want to know what happens next...

COMMENT!

Also leave me some of those votes while you're at it 😉

Thanks for reading!! Preeshiate chu!

Peace ✌

~ ijustlove_brunomars