Make A Wish: Part 12

My heart was breaking into a million pieces at that moment. I just stood staring at the door for the longest time, not knowing what to do from here.

Bruno Mars just broke up with me.

I sulked away with my bags not knowing where to go. I don't know anyone, or of a place to stay. I guess I could find a temporary hotel...

Damn you Jessica, I thought.

I walked until I found a bus stop. If I wait for a bus I can probably figure out if its going close to a hotel. I sit down on the bench and put my head in my hands, still reeling from this mornings events...

"Lies hurt, Jessica."

But I didn't mean to lie, Bruno.

"You expect me to believe that bullshit?"

But I was telling the truth. Why wouldn't you believe me?

"I want you out of my house you lying bitch!"

I thought you loved me. I just wanted to get past this, and move on together. If you just gave me a chance.

"I want you out of my life, Jessica! Or Selina. Or whoever the hell you are!"

But you are my life. You are my everything. How could you say that? I just wanted forgiveness. I wanted you to believe what I said. I wanted you to love Selina. Jessica did this to you, not me.

His words still echo in my mind over and over. My own thoughts mixed with it.

Now I have nothing. I did all of this for nothing.

"But you have the power to fix it." I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn my head to see an unfamiliar person sitting next to me. I didn't even notice someone was here until now. But here sat right next to me an ordinary looking woman, close to my age.

Where have I heard that voice before?

"My dear Selina. You still have 2 wishes left. All is not lost yet." The woman says.

Then I finally recognize her.

"Madam Astrid?" I ask. She looks completely different than when I saw her before.

She smiles brightly at me. "It is not unlikely for the first wish to fail, dear. Trust me I've been doing this for centuries." She chuckles slightly.

"I don't know what I should do. I don't want to mess up again." I say clutching the stone. It's true in the heat of the moment I had completely forgotten my 2 remaining wishes.

"I'm afraid you are on your own there. I'm not permitted to suggest ideas. It's against the rules." She says. Her lips form a right line and I can tell she really wants to help me.

"I know the typical thing to do would be wishing for Bruno to fall in love with me (Selina)." I say thinking out loud. "But that seems too easy to not have some sort of backfire." I know it couldnt be that easy, could it? "Plus, I don't feel right altering his emotions. I want him to love me, but not because he has to. I want genuine love. Not just from some sort of spell. You understand, right?" I ask.

She nods thoughtfully. "It's a hard decision." Is all she says.

I sigh and slouch a little. She's right, it's a very hard decision. But the again if this one doesn't work out, I always have 1 wish left.

Then an idea hits me.

"What if instead of wishing for what I want... I wish for what Bruno wants?" I ask thinking hard about this idea. It sounds confusing but in my mind there's logic behind it. "I mean think about it. It's like the complete opposite of what most people would do, and maybe that's the trick. I have to wish for what he wants, in order to get what I want!" I say excitedly.

I look over at madam Astrid who looks deep in thought. I wonder what she's thinking, but I know she won't tell me.

"It's up to you, my dear. Whatever you feel is right. Follow your heart." And then just like that she's gone again.

This has to work.

Me being the Hooligan I am, know everything there is to know about Bruno Mars. Which is why this plan is perfect.

I just hope I'm not over thinking this.

I search my memory for a clue on what to wish for. I know Bruno is known for putting his thoughts into song. Which means the answer is probably right in his lyrics somewhere.

"Oh, oh, oh, I... I wish we were 17. So I could give you all the innocence that you give to me..."

"That's it!" I say practically jumping with excitement.

I look around hoping no one notices the crazy lady talking to herself at the bus stop. Thank god nobody's around.

I grasp the blue stone in my hand, and close my eyes. Then I take a deep breath.

"I wish we were 17."