Make A Wish: Part 21

"Kill him." She orders.

Just as she said those words it sent chills through me. The tears came nonstop but the knife didn't move.

Then I gasped as the blade slipped from my fingers, and onto the floor. I took deep ragged breaths as I just stare at it on the floor. The feeling returned to my hand.

I look at Bruno who was still frozen, but thankfully unharmed.

"I really had you goin there." I hear shrill laughter to my side.

She thinks that was funny? Like it was some sick joke?

Anger went through my whole body. People's life's are not something you joke about!

"Aww what's wrong, Selina. Are you upset because of a little test?" She asks in a mocking tone.

"Test? TEST?! You nearly made me kill someone I care about and you call that a fucking test?!?!" I scream. She just smirks triumphantly.

"Congratulations. You passed." She says. I let out a frustrated scream.

"Remember what I told you, Selina. Or next time.... Mars boy here dies for real." She says before disappearing.

As soon as she's gone it seems like time resumes instantly. People continue their lives as if nothing just happened at all. When Bruno moves again he accidentally bumps right into me and I fall to the floor.

He looks down at me confused but also angry. "What the hell, Selina?!" He says before stepping around me and leaving the room. He didn't even know how close he just was to death. For him he was just a high schooler, having normal teenage relationship issues.

But it was so much more than that.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Right after school I went home, and locked myself in my room. I had a plan that would hopefully keep Bruno safe, and Astrid from the wrath of her sister. I started grabbing heavy objects, and blocking the door with them. I locked up the windows as tightly as possible.

"Selina!" I turned around to see the Hawaiian girl form of Astrid appear in my room. "Selina I have big news! I think I know who has your necklace!" She says frantically.

"Yeah no kidding me too." I say. She looks at me confused. "Well you see I had a lovely chat with your sister earlier today." I say sarcastically.

"Impossible....." She whispers. she looks up at me. "What happened? Did she have the gem?" She asks.

"Oh yeah." I say remembering today's events. I told her what had happened during first hour.

"Why didn't you call me?" She asks.

"Oh I don't know maybe because your psychopath sister is seeking REVENGE on you! Wouldn't it just be so convenient for her if you AND Bruno were there?" I say. Now that I get to thinking about it...that's probably what the bitch wanted. She thought I would have called Astrid for help and she could use me to get her revenge. Bruno would have been the bait for me to comply to whatever she asked. It's all starting to come together now....

She looks thoughtful for a moment. "We have to stop her." She says.

"Which is what I'm trying to do. Now take that rope over there and tie me to this chair." I say sitting down.

"Why do you want to be tied to a chair?" She asks.

"If I'm tied down she can't control me, right? And once you're finished you need to leave and don't come back no matter what." I say.

"How would you eat? How will you get the necklace back? Are you just going to give up on Bruno?" She asks.

I sigh. "I didn't really think about those things..." I say.