Make A Wish: Part 18

I looked down at Bruno as he grinned and waved to me.

"Bruno? What are you doing here?" I loudly whisper. It was midnight and I knew people were trying to sleep at this time.

"I came to see you. Can I come in?" He asks.

"Uh, sure I guess..." I say. I was about to tell him to go around front and I'll let him in, but to my amusement he started making his way up the building until he was just outside my window.

I moved out of the way for him to enter and he did, shutting the window behind him. "You know, you could have just came through the front door." I told him.

"Yeah but coming through the window makes me seem more badass." He chuckles. He comes close and pulls me into him.

"Did you forget something when you dropped me off?" I ask.

"Yeah I did forget something, actually." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"To kiss you again." He leans in and steals a kiss. He pulls back and grins. I roll my eyes jokingly. "Oh come on! You gotta admit that was pretty smooth." He says.

"Ok fine that was pretty smooth, Bruno." I smile.

His tone suddenly changes. "So...I noticed your mom isn't here." He says.

"She works nights. She doesn't come home until I leave for school, and then sleeps after she drops me off." I tell him.

"Then that means...I can stay a while?" He smirks.

I don't know why but I suddenly became nervous. My insides had butterflies in them. "If you want to." I say.

We both go over to my bed and lay down. Me snuggled up where my head rested in the crook of his arm. Would it be cliche to mention how it seemed we fit perfectly together like this? We were a puzzle and it was like our bodies were meant to be this way forever. And no other person would match as well as Bruno and I do.

After a long silence, Bruno spoke up. Although he didn't have to, I actually enjoyed just having each others presence. "Selina... The real reason I came back was because there's something on my mind that's bothering me." He says.

My heart stopped at hearing he had bad news to tell me. I didn't want to hear it. Can't we just enjoy the silence we had a few moments ago?

When I didn't respond he continued anyways. "I tell you all the time about my future. My plans for life. How I'm going to move to LA and be a famous entertainer and everything." He says. I nod, recalling the many conversations we've had about it. "But...in those plans...none of them involved you. They don't have us in them." He says sadly. That's what made my heart finally crash.

"Are you...are you trying to say...you're breaking up with me?" I choke out.

"No! God, no Selina. I can't break up with you." He says. I look over to see him already looking at me. With his free hand he takes mine. "What I'm trying to say is that for my future whatever it may hold...I want you in it." He says. "Hasn't it crossed your mind what we're going to do once we graduate?" He asks.

"It's been on my mind a couple times." I tell him. Although in reality I think about it all the time.

"I don't think I can handle a long distance relationship, Sel. I need you with me." He says.

"Then what do we do?" I ask him.

"Come with me." He whispers. "Please." He adds.

I think about it for a minute. I mean, the whole reason I'm even here is to be with Bruno, right? That's why I'm 17. It's why he's 17. What would be the point of this if I watched him go off without me? So the obvious answer is:

"No."

The word just slipped out of my mouth. What are you doing, Selina?!

My hand flies to my mouth realizing what I just said. I did not mean to say that. I was going to say ok.

So then why did I say no?

The look on his face was like a 1,000 pound anvil landed on my chest.

"No?" He asks sadly. As if he can't believe my answer. I couldn't believe my answer either.

"I can't come with you." What am I saying?

"But I thought...we were..." He swallows. "Why not?" He asks.

"I just can't, Bruno. I'm sorry." YES YOU CAN!

He gets up and without another word walks over to my door. He stands there holding it open. Thinking. Like he's going to say something more. Instead, he just shakes his head and walks out.

Stop him! I scream to myself.

But he's already gone.