Make A Wish: Part 3

"No...way..." I say staring at the gem in shock. This is insane. I have to be dreaming.

"See you are meant to have your dreams come true. Now you just have to make a wish." Madam Astrid beams.

Make a wish.

Is this really a dream? Or is this actually happening? Well, whether I'm awake or not I should at least go along with this. Who knows I might actually end up getting what I've always wanted.

Bruno Mars.

I stare nervously at the sparkling blue stone in my hand. I open my mouth to say my wish when I realize I have no idea what I'm doing.

"Ahh, yes. Let me explain my dear." The woman says grabbing a book on a nearby shelf. She opens it up and begins to read.

"The necklace contains enough energy for 3 wishes. There is no limits on what you can ask for, however there is procedures you must take. First, the necklace needs to be secured around your neck. You also have to be holding the gem in either hand tightly when making your wish. When you are stating what you want you must start off by saying: I wish..." She says. She looks up from the book and at me. "Make sense?" She asks.

I nod. "Yes, I understand." I tell her. I take a deep breath and clutch the stone. I guess this is it. It's time to get my destiny.

"I wish..."

"Wait. There's one more important detail you should know." The woman says.

A catch. Of course. How did I not see that one coming?

"You see Selina, the stone contains 3 wishes. You and only you are allowed to use these wishes. But you don't have to use them all. At any point you can deactivate the gem with a spell. Same goes for reversing what you've done. If for some reason you want to return your life back to normal, you just have to say the phrase: Retour a la Manuela. As soon as those words are said, the gem will be destroyed, and your life will return to the way it is now. But I warn you, the reverse spell doesn't work if you have no wishes left. Once all 3 are used, everything is set in stone for good." She says.

"Ok." I say absorbing all that information.

"Good luck, Selina." Madam Astrid smiles. Then just as suddenly as she appeared, she's gone. Vanished into thin air.

"Whoa..." I say astonished. I still can't believe what is actually happening right now.

So now it's just me, and this necklace, in a magical old shop. And finally it's time to make my dream come true. I already know exactly what to wish for. In order to truly get what I want, I need to be the woman Bruno wants. I clutch the stone one more time, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and say...

"I wish... I wish I was Jessica Caban."

I feel the room around me start to spin. All I see is a flash of colors as the world around me fades. My eye lids suddenly become very heavy, and I'm pulled into unconsciousness. Then everything goes black.