14. Not as Good as You're

"Where's he?" My mother yelled looking around excitedly as soon as they settled in the hall. I noticed how Liam didn't follow them in. He left after I saw his mother glare at him.

"Where's who mom?"

"My baby of course; you think we're here to see you?" she said sarcastically "Why would I want to see someone who abandoned me?"

I rolled my eyes "He's sleeping. It's midnight in case you guys haven't noticed. Do you want me to wake him up?"

"Of course not, we won't want to disturb our little pup's sleep." Luna Alexandra said, her eyes twinkling. Oh shoot! I forgot he was her grandson too. God, that's awkward. "Can we just peek into his room though? You know your parents have seen and talked to him over video chats" Her eyes turned sad "I know I probably shouldn't be this excited but can I please see him?"

"Of course luna" she was embarrassing me "Please follow me"

"Me too" Sara yelled and jumped from her seat.

I eventually had a train of people behind me. Luna, Sara, Zach, Nick, Dad, Mom. Evan and Emma were the last ones, they already met him but they were still there.

I opened the door to Dan's room slowly. I hope they don't wake him up. He was sleeping peacefully hugging his favorite dinosaur. I switched the lights on and moved to let the others in.

Luna stopped at the door and squeaked. She quickly covered her mouth with her hands. I rolled my eyes. There were all peeking over and around her shoulder, gawking silently.

My heart tightened in my chest. There were so many people that loved my son yet I raised him lonely. He would have received so much love had he been with them. He has only known me and Ray but it was so incomplete without the love of a family full of people.

*****

"Breakfast guys" I yelled for the third time. Emma patted my shoulder, understanding.

They were all in the living room fawning over Dan. Emma and I were the only ones cooking. Poor Dan was overwhelmed with the number of fans he gained overnight. They were all over him as soon as he walked down rubbing his sleepy eyes. He didn't know what was about to hit him.

---

They were finally all settled at the table with my father holding on to Dan like his life depended on it. My father has always been the drama queen in the family.

"His highness is here to spread his awesomeness my babies" Ray yelled in a sing-song voice from the door, he has been doing this to annoy Liam these days.

I choked on the orange juice that I was drinking. Emma patted my back trying to relax me. I forgot Ray. Oh god! I didn't warn him to not come over. I was so busy with all the people around. I'm dead.

"Layyyyyy" Dan, the patron yelled back excited.

"Yes my big man I'm here" he came into view. I tried shushing him but he wouldn't look at me. He went cold like a stone the moment he saw the number of heads turned to him.

"Move" Liam was here? Is he crazy? I thought his mother shooed him off yesterday.

Oh, how could I forget? Liam thinks that if he pretends that nothing's wrong, no one will notice that something's wrong.

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard a loud thud. Evan had pushed his chair away and was glaring with so much hatred that I forgot they were brothers.

"What's he doing here?" Evan yelled

"Evan calm down" Emma held him but he slapped her hand away.