18. I'll be where you want me to be.

We did end up going to the mall. So I now have some more clothes that are going to go deep deep down my closet. I was shocked at how quiet the others were when I was being manhandled by Ruby. Even Emma nodded her head in approval when I turned to her for help and dismissed me with a 'trust her'. Sigh. I did however like this one ocean green dress that Ruby said was fit for a nun but shoved into my hands anyway. It has thin straps and hugs my body down to my waistline and then flows away in soft waves. Its hem is slightly shy of touching my knees. I guess I'll put it on when no one's around and dance in front of the mirror. That's how far my boldness goes.

When I woke up this morning, I was looking forward to a peaceful day that involved a lot of lazing around, eating and sleeping. Well so far I haven't been remotely close to any of those, except the eating part may be. I am so looking forward to get over with the day already.

The incomplete conversation with Emma reminds me that the day was far from over

"Did he hurt you?" she demanded

I shook my head "Eva please tell me the truth. Did he ask you to leave?" she asked sternly

"No....no....no" I said, frustrated "He did no such thing. He didn't hurt me. He didn't tell me to leave. He didn...."

"Hey are you guys bringing the drinks from the refrigerator or making them at the factory" Sara came in dancing.

We left our conversation to that.

The morning of course went down the drain with Emma's confrontation. But I have to thank the goddess that it was Emma who found us out. Anyone else would have meant trouble. She has kept her lips sealed all evening but her sharp glances assured me that I have a long night ahead.

After bidding the others goodbye, she followed me to my house.

"Let's freshen up and have some coffee first. I have informed Evan that I'm going to be late" She shut the door of the washroom to my face. Oh! Ok..... I guess. When Emma gets down to business, the beta in her awakens.

So here we are sprawling away on my bed with large coffee mugs filled to the rim.

"When did you find out?" she started.

I took a deep breath preparing myself for the first of many questions "His engagement"

Her eyes softened, I could see her going back to the exact moment. "You fainted" she murmured.

I nodded.

"Oh sweetie, why would the moon goddess do something so cruel to you?" her eyes moistened "You are the most harmless person I know. Why did this happen to you?" she held my hand pulling me closer.

"Its done. I have cried enough on my fate. I've cursed her enough. I have stopped asking 'why'."

"Why did you leave if Liam didn't force you to?" her soft voice laced with pity as she looked into my eyes. I looked away.

"Don't you remember the day before Liam's engagement?" I accused "We raised a toast to Liam's mate" I let out a mirthless laugh "I am that poor mate of his Emma. You remember what Evan said right? She was pregnant. Liam wouldn't even think of leaving her, even for his mate. What do you think I should have done? Stayed here and watched my mate get happily married to another woman?"

Her tears were freely flowing now but I didn't shed a drop. I don't have any left to spare on those memories. It was like my daily dose of pain before Dan was born.

"I'm so sorry" she cried

"That's what he kept on saying" i smile.

"He..... Did you confront him?" she asked wiping her tears away.