27. That Crazy Day.

A shirt landed at my feet as soon as I shifted back. I would have rolled my eyes but the shock of finding him here numbed my senses.

I quickly put the shirt on, buttoning it as I made my way up the mountain with quick steps. My reason for the trip up here has taken a total one eighty degree turn.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, stopping behind him.

He turned around and without giving me another chance to inhale, wrapped his arms around me.

I tried to push him away as soon as I recovered from the initial shock.

"Ten seconds" he whispered into my ear "just stay still for ten seconds" he pulled me closer like he was trying to confirm that I was real "Please" he added.

I shivered. It has very little to do with the fact that there is just one thin layer of cotton between us and more because of the pounding of his heart so close to mine. It almost felt like his heart was beating inside me.

Heat rose up my face. I stood still, not breathing as I counted to ten.

"For a second" he exhaled "The thought of never being able to see you again crossed my mind" I could feel him clench his jaws.

I closed my eyes, a strange sense of power surged inside me.

"Were you afraid?" I asked carefully "of that thought"

The next second of waiting for his answer felt like days.

"Yes" he said softly.

His reply sent an almost sadistic relief through my bones. Does that make me a bad person?

I pushed him slightly, he moved away.

"Are you all right?" I scanned him from head to toe, looking for signs of injury.

"I'm good" he said "Did it hurt yo-"

"How's your shoulder" I craned my head to look at his left shoulder "That must have hurt"

"Its alright. Really" he tried to calm me down "Won't feel a thing by morning"

"So you are feeling something now and yet you are here"

"I had to see you" he murmured "Are you okay?"

"How did you know I was coming here?" I asked

"Pack house" he said "I woke up when you were leaving"

"Oh" I nodded, but then a thought crossed my mind "If you were following me, how did you reach here first?" I don't know why I had to point out such a useless detail, but I did.

"I didn't say I followed you. I just knew you were heading this way so I came here first to wait for you" he explained, the corner of his mouth tugged up slightly "And I'm also faster than you" he stated the obvious.

"Of course" I nodded "I don't know why we are even having such useless conversation when there are other important things to discuss" he gave me a weird look that I readily ignored "They know" I said looking at him for a reaction.

"Ah! Yes, I got that bit with the way Evan behaved throughout the journey" he said "Don't worry. I'll not let it get to you. I'll handle them" he assured.

I looked at him incredulously "That's it? That's all you have to say?"

His brows rose in confusion.

"You think I...." I sighed in frustration. Why am I even trying? He wouldn't understand.

"Okay" I agreed. He's right. That's what I want, to not be dragged into his battle. I don't want to be involved. I should just look away even if my wolf kills me later. She's a bi*ch I swear.