19. Back to normal?

Eva:

What am I doing here? Why would I do something like this? Can I really handle the aftermath of my (or rather my wolf's) actions? It took us months to build this comfortable distance between us where we were just Dan's parents, why am I disturbing the equilibrium?

I stood rooted to my spot, not moving a paw, as I watch him disappear only to reappear in his wild form. He was waiting for me to make a move.

I really wasn't in my senses when I decide to take this path; I blame it on my wolf's overflowing emotions. Now what?

I should let her handle it; she is the one who brought me here after all. I let her take over entirely.

She moved towards him in quick strides. The woman has no grace *rolls eyes* or patience. The good thing was that Liam must be equally if not more embarrassed right now because his giant wolf was growling and jumping up and down like a little pup drooling at his favorite candy. *smirk* It doesn't look like he has much control over his animal.

She stopped in front of him and he didn't waste a second before striding over and burying his face in her neck. My heart jolted in shock at the contact. Pleasure clouded my senses. I was thankful that I wasn't in my human form at the moment; my moans were coming out as low growls.

I know I said I will take the back seat and I also know that they were reuniting after almost half a decade, but really, how far should I allow this to go? She was literally melting under his touch. Will she listen to me if I said no? Hell, can I say no in this state?

I stirred, trying to come back to my senses but his possessive snarl stopped me from pulling away. He moved even closer and trapped my forelegs in his'. He looked into my eyes, bared his teeth and let out a loud howl.

NO.

So many things happened in that one moment. His black eyes blazed in hunger. He quickly brought his teeth to my neck; my wolf eagerly gave him easier access by moving her head. I was trying hard to regain control and shift but I was in his firm grip and my wolf was in no mood to move away. I was giving up when I felt his weight jump away from me. One moment he was on me and the next he was tumbling down the opposite slope. He was shaking violently all the way before he shifted back and ended up at the bottom of the mountain almost near the end of the pack's territory.

My wolf let out a howl before rushing to him. He was lying on his stomach, his face buried in the grass, by the time we reached him. He was huffing in exhaustion.

She nudged his neck with her nose. Really? After all that happened, she still wants him to finish what he was about to do? Did she forget all the promises we made to each other. She was still in daze. God, is it even possible to be sad at being betrayed by yourself? Coz I sure was right now.

He looked up after steading his breath. His eyes were still dark. He attempted to give her a smile, the effort of which were made visible by the protruding veins of his neck "I'm fine" he managed to say before sitting up and pulling his legs to his chest. I should move away and give him some privacy but my wolf has pledged to do the opposite of what I want today.

She stood there looking at his face hungrily. Her eyes were still clouded with desire. (I know you've waited long but can you please not be this obvious?)

He let out a moan before his hand moved to my face (or is it her face? I don't know, alright. Since I can feel every bit of it, it's my face as well). He placed his hand softly on my jaw and looked back with equal intensity.

"You are gorgeous" he said in a heavy voice, his eyes shining under the moonlight. My wolf purred and moved closer to him. His other hand automatically flew to my neck; he softly ran his hand through my fur and smiled "and you aren't making it easy for me to control my animal"