29. It's about You..... just You.

A familiar car stopped in front of me as soon as I walked out of the gate of my school, forcing me to take a step back. I was in the company of other teachers.

Everyone stopped. All of their attention now focused on their alpha, who oh-so-gracefully rolled down the window of his car and looked straight at me.

The crowd went silent, their gaze travelling back and forth between me and Liam.

I'm not blaming them, really, we are the talk of the town these days. And to find the two leads of the hottest gossip right in front of you, I would have done the same. I love a good drama, just not the ones associated with me. If it's happening elsewhere, I'm all ears.

Some of the more courageous ones greeted Liam who greeted them back politely. The others just gawked at him.

As for me, I stood rooted to my spot not knowing whether to move away or to greet him. He's probably here on pack business.

As if on cue, I saw my little devil poke his head out from under his father's arm.

"Mommy" he yelled in glee "We are here to pick you up. Daddy says I can have Ice-cleam today"

My head started pounding with hundreds of question. But one look at him and I had my answer in his eyes.

This is about last night.

"Ice-cReam" he absentmindedly corrected Dan, not moving his intense gaze away from me.

I glared at him but quickly schooled my expression when, Beth, my only friend from work nudged me. I gave her a smile. It reminded me that we were in public and that I need to put my acts together.

He got out of the car and moved towards the passenger door, greeting people humbly on his way. He knows how impress the crowd with his perfect act, doesn't he?

I now know what he meant when he said that his perfect face was for everyone else but me.

He picked Dan up from the passenger seat and buckled him safely in the back seat. He then proceeded to give me his most innocent smile as he held the passenger door for me. My heart thudded even when my head burned in rage.

He raised a brow, challenging me to defy him.

"Quick, mommy" Dan shouted impatiently.

With a final sigh of resignation, I marched towards him. Brushing past him, I quickly took my seat, eager to get away from the public scrutiny. I glared at him once more when he looked down at me with that stupid smile of his still in place.

I let out a relieved breath once we were out of my school's premise.

"How was school" I asked Dan, ignoring Liam.

Dan went on and on about his day. I smiled and encouraged him as he spoke. Liam somehow managed to join in the conversation.

"I hope this was a one-time thing" I looked pointedly at Liam once Dan got tired of talking.

"Ice-cream? Of course, I don't want to spoil him" he said staring ahead.

I grinded my jaws together "That's not..." I had to take a break to control my frustration "I don't want you to pick me up ever again"

"What if I want to" he replied.

"I wouldn't be as supportive as I was today. I'm sure you wouldn't want to ruin your perfect image" I hit back

"I don't care" he said.

"Of course you do" I argued "That's all you have ever cared about"

"Go on a date with me and find out what I really care about" he replied casually.