23. I remember a lot more than you can imagine.

'Need to talk. Will be waiting'

I look at the phone in my hand with disbelief as I furiously typed my reply "You left me hanging yesterday, didn't show up the entire day today. What do you want now?"

'Had I not left at that moment, I would have done something to upset you further. I'll give you your answer, I promise'

I considered it for a while. He did look ready to kill when I told him off yesterday. I was scared he would do something that would immediately put my proposition to an end. But he just stood there clenching his jaws together, his hands fisted painfully as he glared at me. He then abruptly turned to vanish into the forest.

"Can't leave Dan alone at home" I typed back.

His reply took longer than I expected "Can I come?"

Can he?

I never really asked him to not come in my house, but I never invited him either. Will it change anything?

"Okay" I hesitated "Make sure no one's around though" I felt stupid as soon as I pressed the send button.

'Thank you' came his instant reply.

.

"Hi" he said looking around my living room. It's not like he has never seen it. He finalized the place, so of course he knows what it looks like.

"Hi" I replied leading him to the sofa.

"Dan?" he asked, sitting down.

"He's asleep" I took the seat opposite to him "It's late" I pointed out.

"Ah yes" he ran his hand through his hair "Sorry about that"

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"I'll do that. I'll do all that it takes to keep our bond from becoming public" he said looking straight at me. Maybe it's the habit cultivated at job, but even his compliance looks like intimidation "I'll never let them associate you with me" I was about to thank him "But I can't do it alone"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You'll have to help me" he said "We can't do it without your help"

I stared at him in disbelief "What can I possibly do to help you?"

"Warn me beforehand if you have things like your love life to discuss" I blushed "I'll leave. Tell me things so that my wolf isn't surprised. Tell me when he plans on visiting. Just go easy on me all right" he sighed.

It took me a while to process what he wanted me to do. I opened and closed my mouth, not finding words to form. So I simply nodded obediently.

I had the urge to correct him about my 'love life' but I gritted my teeth to stop myself. Its better this way.

------

Two weeks passed by without any incident. It kind of felt stupid but I warned him twice when Ray was visiting. He kept away. I kept my end of the deal and he his'.

Its Dan's fourth birthday in two weeks and no surprised here that it's going to be huge. The alphas don't do anything half-hearted, especially if it's their grandson's first birthday with them. It's going to be wedding scale. I didn't get to voice my opinion much here. Every time I opened my mouth to protest, they sent me down on a guilt trip. Suit yourselves *huff*

The only point i could get across was, no extravagant gifts. They looked at me like little pleading puppies. But no, I can't deal with a spoilt kid.