Steve: Chapter 4

"Ha, look at that!"
"What am I supposed to be lookin' at?" Bucky said with confusion.
"It's a little mama duck with her babies!!!" exclaimed Steve.
Go walk over there and give em them the rest of our hotdog buns then, dumby.
8 year old Steve slowly walked over to the babies. The mama duck looked at him, looked back at the babies, then honked violently at Steve as he ran away in terror.
"AHHHHHH!!!!"
Bucky burst out laughing and chuckled so hard he began crying.
"That's the best thing I've seen since the circus last month!"
Bucky stopped laughing for a moment and smiled.
"You're sure somethin'." Bucky had loving eyes.

     Steve woke up smiling, then when he got a realization of reality, his face turned flat again. It was nice getting a short escape, an escape to an old memory from another life. He had been stressing out for the past few days. Bucky would be undergoing his operation two days from now. He sat upright it his bed and began to think about how his morning would go. Eat breakfast, relax, go work out for an hour in the gym, come back and take a shower, brush teeth, and take it from there. He began to stand up and stretch. As he walked over to his door and walked through one of the many hallways, he could see everyone packing up as he passed their rooms. He peered in Clint's room.
     "Did I miss something?" He asked confused.
Clint looked up from his bag.
     "Not really, but all of us were called back to the Avengers HQ. Stark said he needed to say some things to everyone. He wanted it to be in person. We all figured that you should stay here since you guys already mended some bonds, and also, we need someone to watch the facility. We're gonna be gone for a few weeks. He wanted to catch up, hang out for a while. You know Tony." Steve looked blank as usual.
     "Alright. Don't blow up HQ while you're there." He winked with a slight smirk, then walked off. He really didn't have any motivation to do much, so he didn't switch up his routine at all, or make it any more interesting. But then he got an idea. What if He snuck Bucky in while everyone was out?