Bucky: Chapter 20 (fluff)

The following day, Steve and Bucky began talking about moving back to an apartment in Brooklyn, whilst everyone else in the household started packing up to move back to New York. Before they had even known it, they were traveling back to Brooklyn with their belongings. When Steve had to go hide out from the government, he had literally taken out every penny in his banking account and had saved it all so he had it for emergencies. After Bucky and Steve found their apartment that they wanted to live in, they ordered a ton of furniture. Before any of the furniture could get in, they had already arrived at their new home. This time fortunately, they could actually afford an apartment big enough for both of them, unlike back in the forties. As they walked through the front door, they both looked around and thought Wow, it's for just us.
Steve brought his stuff in while Bucky did the same with his very few belongings. Moving into another place was nothing new to him. He had jumped from place to place while he was being hunted. By the time they had unpacked all of the stuff they could carry with them until their furniture was delivered over, they had their clothes, some art supplies (Steve's of course. Bucky always envied his talent with the arts, but he always admired it as well. He really liked Steve's drawings), some hygiene stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, etc., and finally an air mattress. By the time they had unpacked their stuff and gotten settled, it was already dark outside. Bucky blew up the air mattress and put it in their room. He was excited to share a room with Steve. Bucky began to undress to take a shower since he had been slightly anxious and he felt like a shower would calm him down.
As he took his shirt off, Steve walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth, but saw Bucky and immediately asked, "Can I come in too?"
"Of course," Bucky complied and let him join. They both cleaned their hair and washed their bodies, and after they were done cleansing themselves, they sat there for a while, facing each other and just embracing one another. After hugging for an eternity, Bucky finally let go and dried off along with Steve. Steve would always let Bucky let go first when they hugged, he never wanted to rush him.
"I love your hugs." Steve looked up at him and smiled.
"Thanks, Buck."
They finished drying off and they both just put on underwear and laid down. Both of them hugged each other while they lie on the mattress. Suddenly, Bucky rolled over and sat on top of Steve.
"You are one of the most beautiful humans I've ever seen."  He leaned down, but then paused a couple inches away from Steve's face.
"Can I kiss you?" He softly asked. Steve didn't say anything, he just leaned forward to kiss him. They both pulled away.
"I thought that even before you went through the experiment. You were so tiny and small, I kinda liked protecting you... but it's alright." He placed a hand under Steve's chin and caressed his cheek with his thumb.
"Now I won't feel bad if I ever throw you onto the bed and give it to you so good, you sink to the floor."
They both laughed in sync and kissed passionately after. Bucky's body was so warm and comforting, Steve felt so safe in his arms. They sat there kissing for a few minutes, then Bucky wriggled his arms under Steve's back and wrapped himself around him. He placed his ear on Steve's chest and listened to his heart. He closed his eyes to soak in the gentle sound. He loved that sound. It was the sound of Steve's heart. Nothing could be better than that. He was all he had. He wasn't going to lose him. Not again.
Steve swam his fingers through Bucky's hair and caressed his face. Bucky rolled back over to lay down.
Steve faced Bucky's back and he wrapped himself around him, resulting in him being big spoon and Bucky being little spoon. Steve never realized it, but even though Bucky was only about an inch shorter, he himself was much more bulky and muscular. I guess I'm the bigger one now.
Before they both fell asleep, Bucky whispered something.
"Promise you'll never leave me." The words seeped into Steve and affected him so powerfully. He hugged Bucky a little tighter.
"I promise."