Bucky: Chapter 26 (fluff)

As Bucky walked beside Steve, he thought about a memory that happened before both of their lives got flipped upside down.

"Buck," Steve said as he sat awkwardly on Bucky's couch. "I think I'll just pass on that double date tonight."
"Aw, come on, pal. You'll have fun, you can be my wingman!" Bucky begged. Nice calm music played in the background of Bucky's apartment as they talked.
"I don't know how to dance, man. I'll just embarrass myself. It's no use, just go without me."
"I'm not going without you!" Bucky burst out. "Come here." He motioned for Steve to stand up. "I'll teach you how to dance then."
"What? No!" Steve refused. Bucky looked with pleading eyes as if to say, "Please? For me?" He grudgingly stood up and walked over to Bucky. A beautiful song turned on the radio in the corner as Bucky grabbed his hands.
"Here, put them like this." He placed Steve's hands around his waist and put his own hands on Steve's shoulders.  Steve looked away and turned slightly pink.
"Jesus Christ, you realize you have to come in closer right?" Bucky pushed Steve slightly closer.
"Follow my lead." They slowly swayed to the rhythm of the song. Bucky stared into Steve's eyes as they danced. Steve peered over and he quickly turned, trying not to embarrass himself. He could feel the romantic tension between them.
"You realize that this won't be very comfortable if the girl is taller than me, right?" Steve finally said.
"Okay, lets change it up a little bit then." Bucky shifted Steve's hands into his shoulders, and then placed his hands onto Steve's hips. He could feel the thumbs of his firm hands touch Steve's pelvis. He pushed him closer to where their bodies were almost completely connected. Steve turned extremely red, whist Bucky turned a shade of crimson. They looked at each other and both saw that one another was blushing. They both could feel the warm breath of the other and their faces naturally moved closer together. Bucky started to slide his hand down his hips further and was only a an inch or so away from his face. Steve looked to the side and slid out of Bucky's grasp.
"Uh, thanks for the uh lesson. That'll probably help." Steve said awkwardly.
"Yeah," Bucky started with disappointment in his voice. "No problem."

The old memory made Bucky laugh aloud to himself.
"What's so funny?" Steve asked.
"Oh nothing," he said with a small voice. They all had to walk through a long stretch of snowy woods since if they went in with any machinery, they would be automatically detected. As they walked through, Sam noticed something. He put one arm in from of Steve and Bucky and he pointed to something in a tree with the other hand.
"Shhhh... I think we're being watched." All of a sudden, they all were shocked by darts that shot out of the surrounding trees. Bucky's vision went blurry as he looked over and saw Steve and Sam fall onto the ground.
"S-Steve," he groaned, then he blacked out.